Make a donation

Author Topic: Pre remap questions..  (Read 9238 times)

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Pre remap questions..
« on: November 18, 2015, 01:36:11 pm »
Hey guys!

I've recently bought an edition 30 and as I live about 5-6 miles away from rtech, I think the only way is R-tech makes sense :wink:.

Now I hope the mods don't mind but I'd like to keep this post about remap questions and the parts I'll be ordering over the next few days hopefully.

My aim is hopefully the stage2+ as below.  The car is currently stock with no performance mods whatsoever.

Ben from Rtech emailed it over to me during my lunch break and I must say, it's exactly what I need.

Okay guys, question 1)

There is a full stainless steel exhaust system on eBay which is a 2.75" diameter, however it is advertised for the standard GTi MK5 only. Now I have done some research and most people have stated on different posts that, the k03 engine GTis exhaust system will also fit an ED30 KO4 and vice versa- could someone please clarify on this matter as the seller has said 'it is not listed for my vehicle'.

Thanks in advance guys

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
Re: Pre remap questions..
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
Hi,

R-tech are probably one of the best and as your local it makes perfect sense to go with them.

the exhaust from a mk5 and edition 30 would be the same as its the same chassis.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 05:05:06 pm »
I've fitted the needed parts to get my Ed. 30 tuned to Stage 2+. You can check my project or any other with that level of tune. :wink:

I'm loving my Powervalve exhaust with a sports cat. Just my wallet isn't... :signLOL:

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 05:34:46 pm »
Best to try and get a true 3" system, miltek advertise they are 3" but they're actually 2.75 too. To answer your question, it will fit no matter if its for a ed30 or not bud :)

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 06:49:08 pm »
Best get ordering them I suppose lol. Also guys, what about downpipe wise? Should I just get the eBay specials as they're around £130 ish but will they fit the k04 ed30 or are they just for the mk5 gti non Ed?

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »
Okay guys what intercooler?

I've read that there's some that use a joint which is used along your existing cooler and some, which replaces the oem cooler.

Which one would you go for?

eBay item numbers : 181929109114, 151376172163 or

:D

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »
Best get ordering them I suppose lol. Also guys, what about downpipe wise? Should I just get the eBay specials as they're around £130 ish but will they fit the k04 ed30 or are they just for the mk5 gti non Ed?

i ran an ebay one for a year no problems and ran 360bhp

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

Thanks buddy. Are you aware if there's any different fittings for the standard gti and ed30?

I might also get a ignition cut rev limiter mapped in lol. I had one on my vxr and it sounded stupidly loud lol
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:20:21 pm by BigA91 »

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 07:21:37 pm »

Thanks buddy. Are you aware if there's any different fittings for the standard gti and ed30?

I might also get a ignition cut rev limiter mapped in lol. I had one on my vxr and it sounded stupidly loud lol

No difference mate.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:40 pm »
- eBay down pipe (direnza)
And a bcs cat back for a good flowing system.

- Cold air intake. Revo, evoms or itg. Revo seems to get most votes but it's the most expensive but does look good!
- rev G diverted valve
- r tech pcv delete
- 5/40 oil
- ngk plugs
- hpfp loba
- intercooler I havnt really looked into as I'm stage 2 but I'm sure niki and guys at r tech are looking to put a welly cooler kit together soon?
Otherwise I would speak to Alex at aks he seems to send a lot of intercooler slit the door! And always right money from Alex

Nice little shopping list for you ;) welcome to the slippery slope of modding/tuning a mk5

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 07:37:04 pm »

- Cold air intake. Revo, evoms or itg. Revo seems to get most votes but it's the most expensive but does look good!
- rev G diverted valve
- r tech pcv delete
- 5/40 oil
- ngk plugs
- hpfp loba
- intercooler I havnt really looked into as I'm stage 2 but I'm sure niki and guys at r tech are looking to put a welly cooler kit together soon?
Otherwise I would speak to Alex at aks he seems to send a lot of intercooler slit the door! And always right money from Alex

Nice little shopping list for you ;) welcome to the slippery slope of modding/tuning a mk5

Lol £2k ish hopefully. Not to mention the £500 I spent on having bits and bobs painted on the car!

Offline PT82

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 07:41:57 pm »
If your car is a manual I would budget another £1000 on an uprated clutch, flywheel and fitting.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 07:54:34 pm »

- rev G diverted valve
- r tech pcv delete
- 5/40 oil
- ngk plugs
- hpfp loba

Lol £2k ish hopefully. Not to mention the £500 I spent on having bits and bobs painted on the car!

Haha there's people on here that have spent a lot more than that mate! And as above if manual budget for clutch!

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »
Don't forget good tyres, good brakes and good suspension. What is power without control? :wink:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 08:18:57 pm »
Don't forget good tyres, good brakes and good suspension. What is power without control? :wink:

Think we've already blown the 2k budget  :grin:
How's the car mate? Finally enjoying it after all them mods?  :happy2: