Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf GTI Edition 30 ..Stage 2+ journey has began  (Read 25569 times)

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Golf GTI Edition 30 ..Stage 2+ journey has began
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 08:16:01 pm »
Sounds like it's going to be a good build! I'll follow this one :)
Any cosmetic mods on the list?
And if your going to stage 2 or even stage 1 you should be looking at brakes and suspension upgrades too. Especially brakes!

Tbh, I don't have much planned. I only want to concentrate on the performance and braking I suppose. My mates heard what I'm upto and one of them goes 'you drive like a granny which is why you keep buying autos, you drive at 28mph everywhere you go, so why are you doing this'  :signLOL:

My last golf was a mk4 1.8t which I sold in February this year on eBay. It had anti lag, launch control etc but it wasn't comfortable. My previous car was a Astra vxr and I only bought that because I had a BMW X5 which subject to an insurance write off and I promised myself that I wouldn't buy another expensive car again as I had a few niggles with it. So because of that, I wanted something comfortable and the golf mk5 has it. My vxr was so hard lol(that sounds wrong), it was back breaking and where I live, it's speed hump avenue!

Cosmetic wise, maybe no as its a limited edition golf and I'd like to keep it looking as original as possible. I'd probs put a set of depo projectors on and do the skyline rear light mod but that's about it.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »
And if your going to stage 2 or even stage 1 you should be looking at brakes and suspension upgrades too. Especially brakes!

Tbh, I don't have much planned. I only want to concentrate on the performance and braking I suppose. My mates heard what I'm upto and one of them goes 'you drive like a granny which is why you keep buying autos, you drive at 28mph everywhere you go, so why are you doing this'  :signLOL:

My last golf was a mk4 1.8t which I sold in February this year on eBay. It had anti lag, launch control etc but it wasn't comfortable. My previous car was a Astra vxr and I only bought that because I had a BMW X5 which subject to an insurance write off and I promised myself that I wouldn't buy another expensive car again as I had a few niggles with it. So because of that, I wanted something comfortable and the golf mk5 has it. My vxr was so hard lol(that sounds wrong), it was back breaking and where I live, it's speed hump avenue!

Cosmetic wise, maybe no as its a limited edition golf and I'd like to keep it looking as original as possible. I'd probs put a set of depo projectors on and do the skyline rear light mod but that's about it.

X5 is an awful motor and a money pit (personal opinion)
Deffo need brakes mate even if you only push it the odd time I'm much the same as you and totally get what your saying, it's what the gti does well. Very refined smooth and comfy but if you want a play then gear down and it's like a different car!

Mines dsg and I do find myself driving like a Granny a lot haha

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »

X5 is an awful motor and a money pit (personal opinion)
Deffo need brakes mate even if you only push it the odd time I'm much the same as you and totally get what your saying, it's what the gti does well. Very refined smooth and comfy but if you want a play then gear down and it's like a different car!

Mines dsg and I do find myself driving like a Granny a lot haha

DSG is the best lol, I love the paddle shifts tbh. Its like when I'm bored, which is 99.9% of the time, I just leave it in D normal mode and when I feel like it, just play around with the paddles. The only thing that's weird is, the DSG box doesn't come with cruise control which on a long journey is so useful. Overall, I would describe the MK5 from a driving perspective light years ahead of the MK4. The handling has been improved and it's so refined with great comfort. Sometimes even better than my BMW as that had run flats which were so harsh!

What brakes are a bolt on? Porsche?

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 11:28:21 pm »
Agree with everything you've just said mate! Haha
And r32/s3 setup should do you fine if you wanna spend abit more then Cayenne/Touareg calipers with Mercedes ml discs or a ttrs setup.

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 11:48:59 pm »
Since when did the dsg not come with cruise control? Mine has it, and I'm sure my mates r32 does but don't quote me on that.

And subbed for this one  :happy2:

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 11:53:44 pm »
Since when did the dsg not come with cruise control? Mine has it, and I'm sure my mates r32 does but don't quote me on that.

And subbed for this one  :happy2:

Well mine certainly doesn't. Not sure if its a standard feature on ED30s as the two I looked at prior to purchasing mine didn't have it either.

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 11:54:31 pm »
Just looked on ebay and people offer the cruise control retrofit using OEM parts such as stalk, wiring loom etc

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »
Maybe it was an option the buyer of my car paid extra for... I'm not sure. I just assumed it was normal and never gave it anymore thought. I know the old owner used it for long journeys so maybe they retrofitted it in the past  :rolleye:

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:38 am »
Maybe it was an option the buyer of my car paid extra for... I'm not sure. I just assumed it was normal and never gave it anymore thought. I know the old owner used it for long journeys so maybe they retrofitted it in the past  :rolleye:

I'll be retrofitting cruise control soon too! I hate being on the motorway with my foot in one place LOL. I like to have my legs crossed LOL joke but it really is a necessity in my opinion for long motorway journeys

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 12:24:26 am »
Im from leicester too!  :signLOL: i'll try keep an eye out for yours!

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 12:51:54 pm »
Im from leicester too!  :signLOL: i'll try keep an eye out for yours!

Nice to see a local member :happy2:. You got any pics of yours?

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 01:12:08 pm »
So far done today on my lunch break

Dropped off car to wheel refurb place

I then went into TPS and ordered 5w40 fully synthetic platinum oil, oil pickup pipe & o ring, sump sealant, rs4 fuel pressure valve, o ring for the high pressure pump, oem gasket for downpipe and a rev g diverter valve and a cam follower. As some of the parts weren't in stock, I left everything there and will pickup tomorrow.

I had then called up TSR performance in Somerset, South Wales and ordered the AUTOTECH internals for the high pressure fuel pump. After that, rang up Scoobyworld in Loughborough and ordered a set of BKR7EIX plugs. Oil filter, fuel filter and pollen filters were then ordered from ECP.

Expecting a few big parcels tomorrow  :signLOL: :jumpmove:

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »
NOTE TO SELF: LION GARAGE BOOKING WEDNESDAY --fit autotech internals and oil pickup pipe ready for bashing-- :signLOL:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »
Not messing about mate are you!

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You