Make a donation

Author Topic: Can't connect to Bluetooth! 7P6/RNS 510  (Read 1977 times)

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
Can't connect to Bluetooth! 7P6/RNS 510
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:56:09 pm »
Hi. I recently had the 7P6 Bluetooth module installed and it worked great with my iPhone 5S, it would connect automatically and no issues at all. 
I recently got a new iPhone 6S and now I can't get it to connect to the Bluetooth at all. On the Bluetooth settings on my phone I search for devices and it doesn't see the RNS 510 when switched on so cannot connect.
I have reset the phone settings to factory on the RNS but that didn't help.
I did restore my new phone from an iCloud backup of my previous phone's settings which may be the problem, as I guess it is using the old Bluetooth profile, but I haven't found a way around this yet.
Can anyone advise? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Can't connect to Bluetooth! 7P6/RNS 510
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:07:39 pm »
Have you tried unplugging it and back in again.  Found that happenned to the mrs iphone and it now works fine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Can't connect to Bluetooth! 7P6/RNS 510
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:38:12 pm »
Phone was never plugged in to start with. I've fixed it now, on iPhone went to settings-general-reset-reset all settings. Took a few minutes to reboot.  I guess this deleted the old Bluetooth profile on the phone. It now sees and connects to the RNS as before and I have uploaded phone book etc. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.