Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie - Power Issues on acceleration  (Read 906 times)

Offline SyGolf5Gti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Newbie - Power Issues on acceleration
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:34:26 pm »
Hi guys, im new here. Hoping to find some useful infor. I have a Mk5 gti mileage 220000km have had it for 4 years now no major issues, yesterday after sitting in traffic for about 1hr 30min as I took an offramp, put my foot down and tried to accelerate, my car responded for a second and then totally died as though I had slammed the brakes, car did not stall but there was just power loss, I gradually accelerated and my car gained momentum steadily but as soon as I tried to floor it again there was again a sudden power loss. Any way managed to get home left the car overnight

In the morning started the car drove to work and boosted all the way no problem power was miraculously restored. After work I sat in traffic again for an hour and encountered the same problem of sudden power loss as the day before. This seems to happen when the car has been idling for a while or when it is hot, but when cold no issues. 

I have tried to pull codes and the only error code that comes up is P0299 Turbo charger boost sensor circuit :Control limit not reached

What could be the issue here, the sensor itself, a leak, or the dv? or is it even maybe the high pressure fuel pump

Take it easy.. and if its easy.. Take it home!! :driver: