Make a donation

Author Topic: Very loud fan noise  (Read 10312 times)

gaz b

Re: Very loud fan noise
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:17:25 pm »

Mine does this too. Luckily I bought mine VW approved so got a years warranty with the car 8). I will take mine to the dealers either tomorrow or early next week and let you know what they say! :happy2:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 12:04:46 am »
Mine is still doing it after it was in to be fixed. The aircon however is fixed in good time for todays weather aswel. Centre caps were also replaced and had its first service which they didnt stamp my service book  :angry015:

The guy on reception made me look like a total C U next tuesday to the Technicians. I told him that I didnt want the car washing as I like to do it myself and avoid any scratching from the sponges they use and hes gone into the workshop and told the technicians that I said if anyones touches or washes the car I will punch them.  :confused:

He also said the aircon sensor they replaced fixed my fan at the same time.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline bennylenny88

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • needs moar lowwww
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 10:01:58 pm »
i had this problem with mine.. my CEL even came on! took it back and they replaced it under warrenty.. the smaller fan is basically knackered  :laugh:

2 x cerwin vega 15" subs and MTX 1000D amp with box and complete wiring for sale.. PM for details

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 12:01:23 am »
That was what I initially thought.  Im told by my mate that this guy on the customer service desk likes to get involved and think hes a technician himself. He said a faulty sensor on the aircon fixed the problem with the fan. Im not technical when it comes to fixing or diagnosing a car but it doesnt seem like a faulty sensor on the aircon will fix a problem with my fan coming on every 5 minutes or so from starting the engine until it stops.

It took the guy a good 5 minutes to write my phone number down after he was getting numbers mixed up and in the wrong order  :scared:

I originally dealt with a lass called Philiper (sp?) when I had a new engine and she was fantastic and did her job well and came across as very customer focused. If anyone uses JCT600 VW in Bradford I would speak with her rather than Dennis aka Pennis (Penis) as I understand his nickname be.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline u01atc8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:04 pm »
I have this fault too! Only just happened! And my car is nearly 5 years old..

But i would really need to get tghis fixed, as it does my pretty little head in! Haha! Any ideas on prices?

Offline Soundlab

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:21:22 pm »
Just had my fans sorted under warranty - much better now :)

Had I needed to pay then it would have been circa £270

Daz

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:35 pm »
had both replaced on my 1st mk5 under warranty and the fans were on back order as it was a common fault :sad:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 06:40:18 pm »
mine did it last year-got them changed just before the warranty ran out

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 07:00:42 am »
Mine seems to have fixed itself after a trip to the Indy for all 4th year works. Asked them to look at it they said nff (no fault found) but it's fixed...... I wonder if it was a fault condition I had and a reset fixed it.....(had a revo trial and fell out with the dealer when I asked for it to be removed).

Offline chipmunk82

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »
Mine was doing this when I bought it, checked the smaller fan and it seemed to have seized up.
Checked the fuses, F38 in particular and it seemed ok but gave it a bit of a clean and put it back in and all seems ok now.
Worth checking before replacing!

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »
Hi guys, I've just got my 06 GTI back from the dealer after it's been in for an air con sensor, that escalated to a new air con condenser, all under warrenty. Now I've just took it out & the fan is really really loud! It wasn't before so is this the small fan now packed up & the large fan over compensating? It's most obvius after I switch it off, it's making a real racket about 10 secs after shutdown?
I want to be armed with info as the dealer is in for a right bollocking as this was all meant to be picked up in a PDI.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 07:32:22 pm »
Looks like the garage the dealer used damaged the small fan, making the large one compensate? Reason I say they damaged it is it's totally seized & they only fitted a new air con pump last Saturday, which is right by the small fan coincidently...
Anyway, I've called the dealer & told him I'll not be taking it back to them & I want it fixed locally, they can pay my mechanic £240 or deal with VW, or I'll return the car. Only had it 3 weeks so it's still under warrenty.