Make a donation

Author Topic: Full Respray??  (Read 10354 times)

dansmith180

Re: Full Respray??
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 04:36:14 pm »
Sounds like an awesome car  :happy2:

Yeah those wheels are very nice but I change mine every 6 months so I assume everyone else does the same  :rolleye:

Offline LondonGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:40 pm »
Any feedback from using these guys? I also need a full respray, I'm London based and getting insane VW quotes...latest one is 10k ha ha ha!

Offline gti4eva

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 06:55:00 pm »
10k wtf

Offline LondonGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2015, 11:53:01 pm »
Apparently it includes paint and not gold. I did ask!

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 09:28:36 am »
I was quoted £750 cash for a front end respray for my Ed30 at Jays Cars in Sutton last week. I thought that was fairly reasonable. Best quote I could get from VW approved place for the same work was £1400.

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
I was quoted around £500 for a blow over , front wings bonnet and bumper/Splitter Martin.

Still no plans to sell off my Phylis, she's still going strong and no problems with her.

I'm in the same position mate, she owes me nothing, ditched the idea of a mk6R , and will be going for the Mk7 dirivertive GTi/or R in a few years time.

:happy2:

Saintsteve  :wink:

Hi Steve @SteveEd30

It's the front end that's taken a beating over the years on mine (stone chips). I had a quote of £650 for front end inc bonnet, bumper and fitting, blending/smoothing my Votex splitter (sat in garage for nearly a year  :laugh:) into bumper. Also have 2 door dings that need sorting....does no one give a sh*t these days while opening THIER bloody Doors!!  :stupid:

Yeap, leaning that way too re Mk7. Always REALLY wanted a Mk6 R but now I can have one I find myself finding excuses to not get one and waiting for the flood of rented Mk7 R's to hit the market or possible a Clubsport, price dependant.

I was quoted £750 cash for a front end respray for my Ed30 at Jays Cars in Sutton last week. I thought that was fairly reasonable. Best quote I could get from VW approved place for the same work was £1400.

The quote I had above for £650 was from Ian Taylor bodyshop who I used to modify and paint my R32 rear end with great results. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

http://www.paintshophorley.co.uk

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:52:29 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~