Make a donation

Author Topic: Dealer service history important or???  (Read 3636 times)

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
Re: Dealer service history important or???
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »
If you type 'main dealer servicing' into the search box you'll find lots of posts to pore over.  :happy2:
:ashamed:still getting the hang on this forum   :signLOL:

Thanks flashp

M
:drinking:

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 02:20:57 pm »
If you type 'main dealer servicing' into the search box you'll find lots of posts to pore over.  :happy2:
:ashamed:still getting the hang on this forum   :signLOL:

Thanks flashp

M
:drinking:
Okay tried this in the search box but nothing comes up?. that's what used to happen with the tt forum search box even though there's plenty of indo on that particular subject you type  :stupid:

Right left out the d in serviced and wahay  :jumping: :drinking:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:26:27 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 11:24:28 am »
One of the main reasons I recently bought friends GTI, apart from it being a good price  :happy2: is that he'd had it regularly serviced at main dealers and as I am not mechanically minded this was important for my piece of mind.
He had the servicing changed to Long Life this year, which does concern me with the oil being in that long so I've had the oil & filter changed.
The next service is due next April and I will get it done at a 'proper' garage so the service book is kept up to date.
Not sure if I'll go to the main dealer or an indi one yet.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 12:23:17 pm »
Some form of history is better than non although I went blind into buying my last car before this gti which has full delete stamps and one mot garage stamp. Still got scammed with front and rear brakes scored and pitted on the inside which I couldn't see. Surface scratches which were hidden by dirt dust from where it was parked and then on collection waiting 3 hours because it wasn't even there and when the guy brought it back was being washed so I didn't see the scratches and scuff marks as it was too dark outside. sly tactics from the seller in Milton Keynes who promised a valet and full polish and give me f all.  :stupid: pri** :mad:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 12:58:05 pm »
Tricky time to buy during the winter with less daylight. A common/ simple thing to forget when arranging viewing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:03:58 pm by Tfsi_Mike »

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ah1h6159bko6qt32a8rv0ub00j&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 01:22:48 pm »
I just keep all the receipts maybe i should get my own stamp made and fill out the service book.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 03:35:04 pm »
I got there at 2pm after trader said it was ready for collection and refurbed wheels. new pcv. fully serviced my back side as oil was black as shi**  :mad:baskeet and then waited 3 hours for thr car to come back from where it was apparently a full valet son of a blarp. Thats how sly some sellers are and they promise the earth when paying that deposit.

Trust no one in my eyes  :notworthy:

M