Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake advise  (Read 3135 times)

Offline stuartm

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Brake advise
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »
Got these brembo 4 pot calipers . Part number is 20.7961.03 . Are these similar to the Porsche 4 pot calipers that are more common? Where can I get adapters to fit these and what pads and discs fit . Would be going on a edition 30 .

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Brake advise
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:34:41 am »
Hope you can find the fixing brackets for those!!!... what discs and pads will you run with them?.

Is that a dealership floor lol  :laugh:

Cheap isn't always the way to go when it comes to braking mate.

Just saying is all  :smiley:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:00:57 pm »
I would see if you can find out the piston sizes on those callies before going any further.   Using calipers from other cars can and does work, but sometimes the piston area is all wrong for the master cylinder and you can end up with a pedal that hits the floor before you get any bite.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Kam88

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 06:34:28 pm »
Got these brembo 4 pot calipers . Part number is 20.7961.03 . Are these similar to the Porsche 4 pot calipers that are more common? Where can I get adapters to fit these and what pads and discs fit . Would be going on a edition 30 .

Thanks in advance

Hi mate i saw you had some calipers i have some porsche ones that i put on eBay this week if you might be interested and sell your ones as brackets discs and pads can be costly i know brackets for my porsche brakes are over £200 doesn't include hoses discs pads brake wear sensor discs reducer rings http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK5-GTI-AUDI-A3-S3-SEAT-LEON-TFSI-VAG-BIG-BRAKE-KIT-4-POT-PORSCHE-BREMBO-/172036431197?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:51 pm »
I'd have a think about Kam88 set up as you can't go wrong if you catch a bargain  :wink:
Everything ready to fit bar the braided hoses.

I paid £350 for my LCR Brembo Junior GT upgrade calipers discs and pads but it started getting pricier as the seller didn't give me the mounting brackets which I bought from creation motorsport for £100 and £55 for braided hoses off ebay. See I thought I'd grabbed a bargain and forked out more in the end.  :sad1:

Just trying to help.  :smiley:

If I had the funds I'd be on the case as I love a good bargain  :drool:

Kam88

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 09:06:46 pm »
I'd have a think about Kam88 set up as you can't go wrong if you catch a bargain  :wink:
Everything ready to fit bar the braided hoses.

I paid £350 for my LCR Brembo Junior GT upgrade calipers discs and pads but it started getting pricier as the seller didn't give me the mounting brackets which I bought from creation motorsport for £100 and £55 for braided hoses off ebay. See I thought I'd grabbed a bargain and forked out more in the end.  :sad1:

Just trying to help.  :smiley:

If I had the funds I'd be on the case as I love a good bargain  :drool:

My set up comes with braided hoses also came off edition 30  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »
There you go laddy one time bolt on and fresh fluid will sort you out  :jumpmove:

damn stop getting me jealous  :sad1: