Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello from Antwerp  (Read 1115 times)

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
Hello from Antwerp
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:26:15 pm »
Hello,

I'm Robert, I live in Antwerp but my roots lay in Croatia. So I'm often over there :wink:

Last year I sold my Rallye and was looking for something new not neceseraly a VW. But in the back of my mind I rememberd a GTI weekend back in 2007 wich I was invited to, to try some GTI models from a Polo GTI to the mighty R50!!! The mk5 stand out of the pack!!! It was nimble, practical and ofcourse great fun to drive!!! :innocent:

So in december 2014 I was looking arround for a mk5 GTI. After a couple of weeks I found a few. Went out to see them but was not convinced! :sad1: So the search continued. Then in Germany I found 2 GTI's. Went to see the first one and the owner pointed out that it was a 30 years EDITION!! I didn't know about this model before!! I explained that I had to see an other one nearby. The owner said he'd show me the way and we drove to the garage. And there it stood!!  :jumping:  What a car!! :jumping:  The owner of the first EDITION 30 was also excited and surprized in what condition the car stood!!  He told me not to waste any time or he himself would trade his EDITION 30!! :stupid:

So the usual inspection began:

Golf GTI EDITION 30 from 01/2008 with 41.500km BYD engine 169kw/230PS  Black 5 door FULL OPTION DSG with one owner! The older man always drove a toyota and he liked someting else for a change. So he bought the EDITION 30 back in 01/2008. In 2014 he changed his mind and traded his mk5 for back a toyota :happy2: Good for me :smiley: All the paperwork and service was in mint condition!! Even a scratch in the backdoor was reported and fully repeard! After a thorough testdrive I was sold! Left a deposit and after a couple of weeks my wife and I came back to Düsseldorf for the weekend and collected a beauty!!

Now I just have to figure out how to put the pic's on! :ashamed:

Hope you like my EDITION 30

Cheers guys :wink:

Those were the first pic's in Januari.
And these are when we collected the GTI

And finally home

Hope this helps a bit :wink:

And now the fun part can start........ :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:18:22 am by RBS »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Hello from Antwerp
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 11:55:57 am »
Welcome. Nice Spec Eddy. Like the Detroit Alloys  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:36:53 am »
Thanks :wink: It's truely a fantastic ride! Even completely standard.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:00:04 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum, RBS! Great find there! Hope you can enjoy it for many years! :drinking: