Make a donation

Author Topic: WOW, I can't believe I missed this on my car...  (Read 7600 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: WOW, I can't believe I missed this on my car...
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 05:11:00 pm »
@Shoduchi : that's interesting, anyway we can contact this guy see what he actually did?
You need to have a VAG ODIS cable, you need to know a bit of computer coding, you need to know the formula to change the coding of the door modules to make it work.

All things that I don't know how to do and don't have... :signLOL:

LOL :) ... shame we can't make this happen, I'm assuming the VAG ODIS cable is somehow different to the usual ones we use with VCDS..?
AFAIK it's the cable that's now currently used by VW official dealers. It can access and recode the firmware (change the EEPROM) of the different car modules. VCDS can't do that.

MPS

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 06:08:53 pm »
Wow, that'd be good. No more CANBUS faffin'

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 06:49:19 pm »
Another little hidden Easter egg: Unclip your sunvisor, pivot it to the side window then extend it, voilà! A side sunvisor for when the sun is low in the sky and you're on a motorway, etc. Perfect

I didn't know it did that thanks for the info I have just tried it.
We need a thread for hints and tips unless we have one I don't know about

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »
@dazza : yeah, 80 notes is a bit too much for me, especially as I didn't even know I had them, lol.

@Shoduchi : that's interesting, anyway we can contact this guy see what he actually did?

@Peskyjones : I needed to check the nearside arch area when reversing past a low wall, so For the first time ever I used the switch to dip the mirror... then I dialed the switch to the top position and the mirrors closed; haha, one of those WTF moments.  You dial it to the bottom position to get them to unfold.

So what actually makes them fold? Dipping and then selecting the folding mirror on the dial? It's about 11 o clock position?

I recently swapped the switch pack for the chrome ones as well and when I move the left mirror it moves by itself, but when I move the right mirror they both move  :laugh:

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 10:47:12 pm »
Yes, 11 o clock'ish

To activate it you simply have ignition on and select this position on the Mirror Dial Switch and wait a couple of secs, it's not instant, probably why I've not noticed it:

Worth noting the image to the right doesn't have the ability to do it...

To unfold the mirrors (if you have them) simply put the dial into the downward (0) position.

Madness I've never used it, tbh though I don't think my original switch had the insignia, should dig it out to check (it must have)...

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 11:16:28 pm »
Il try it tomorrow.

Just a thought, I tried through vcds to make my mirors auto dip in reverse but.it.didnt  work, might be worth trying in yours if you want that. Could be a double wammy xmas.present

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 11:29:54 pm »
Il try it tomorrow.

Just a thought, I tried through vcds to make my mirors auto dip in reverse but.it.didnt  work, might be worth trying in yours if you want that. Could be a double wammy xmas.present

ha. thanks m8, never thought about that :happy2: hope it works for you :smiley:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 12:17:13 am »
Think you need memory seats or polar fis for mirror dip to work.

I got it working with polar fis but the mirror does not come back to the same position.  :confused:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 10:04:19 pm »
Don't have mem seats, will leave as is, especially as new fault has shown its head, sigh.

Either: Battery / Alternator / Pulley / Loom

This is the error:

==
1 Fault Found:
005634 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
               P1602 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
==

And Light on dash...

Can't be assed, going to get 'merry' and worry about it next year, hahaha.

Have a good one everyone!!!  :happy2: :innocent: :mad: :innocent: :love: :evilgrin: :drinking:

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
Was Alternator, lol, replaced a few weeks ago now, 2nd hand on eBay £20!! Barmy. 

Kam88

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »
You need to have a VAG ODIS cable, you need to know a bit of computer coding, you need to know the formula to change the coding of the door modules to make it work.

Hi mate any chance giving me the information with regards how to get mirrors to fold on the button as know someone at the dealers who could do it for me but i need to supply them the info ?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 11:55:41 pm »

Hi mate any chance giving me the information with regards how to get mirrors to fold on the button as know someone at the dealers who could do it for me but i need to supply them the info ?
That bit of information that you want only n4s and a German guy can give it to you. Try contacting n4s in the MyTiguan.com forum. :smiley:

I've seen n4s do it but, as I've said before, I have no idea what's the formula that he used or what values he searched to modify to make my mirrors close with the lock button of the key.