Make a donation

Author Topic: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread  (Read 49280 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Re: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 05:54:24 pm »
Update 29/01 - Revo Select Plus Switch

Well I got the car mapped before christmas but been waiting a while for Prosport to sort out my switch with Revo. I decided to get the select plus switch as I will be going stage 2+ on the car which I will be needed the switch to mess about with the settings like boost, timing, fuel etc. My mate has bought VAGCOM so will be using that too to log the car & to mess around with some settings on the car. Am gona order some gold heatape next for the intake & the heatshield to keep temps down so another update will follow soon.

Here is abit more info from Revo site

The 'select plus' features variable boost, timing and fuel adjustment allowing the user to set the car up to run efficiently with any fuel quality and in varying conditions. The 'select plus' consists of a diagnostic port interface, USB cable and new PC based software. Boost, timing and fuel adjustments can be uploaded directly to the ECU using the software communication mode. The 'select plus' not only features stock and performance modes like the 'select' version, but also includes an additional 3 "user based" modes. These modes allow the user to custom configure their performance settings and upload them to the 'select plus'. Changes to ECU settings can then be made using just the 'select plus'. These saved settings can be changed and re-saved using the software as your mechanical upgrades or environmental conditions permit. Combined with the ability to revert to stock programming, and our unique anti-theft mode, the 'select plus' is unmatched in its ability to provide the highest levels of control and flexibility.

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 09:36:02 am »
Update 06/03 - Rolling Road Day

Well finally got round to getting the car on the dyno which I ended up going to with my mates that both have white S3's lol. All three went on the dyno & came out with good figures, the 56 reg came out at 320bhp with Revo stage one, 58reg came out at 360+ with Revo stage 2+, Fuel Pump & Turbo Back Miltek which after two other rr he has had makes them all quite acurate & mine with Revo stage 1, Evoms Intake & Forge Dv Came out 347, 350 & 352bhp over three runs. The dyno has been quite accurate with cars in that past & on the day but would still like to get it on another one soon before any further engine mods. It was quite a good day & got to see some of the other cars below too which he owns including a brand new wrx sti & 600bhp P1.

Dont know what rims for the car now as my mate when & took my idea & bought speedline turinis before me grr. Will be looking around for some lightweight 18's & will have to do some photoshops

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 09:37:12 am »
Update 08/05 - Gold Heat Tape For Evoms Intake

Well its been a bit quite on the car for a while as ive been busy, finally got round to getting the gold heat tape & fitting it to the evoms intake. It does look alot better than in the pics and the intake is now cool to touch after a decent drive around which should help with cooler air flowing into the car.

Ive also got the car booked in for an uprated sachs performance clutch & new DMF in two weeks time which will help with launch on drag strips & track days. I will also be able to turn the boost up on the Revo map which should be good :)

Still deciding what else to get done to the car while its getting the clutch done as ive been thinking about uprated fuel pump & a miltek turbo back which would increase power even more :lol: but gotta make my mind up soon as Modball is only 4ish weeks away & will be 3000miles around europe in 7 days :lol:

Anyway here is a couple of pics of the heat wrap sorry the pics are **** there off the iphone.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 01:29:30 pm »
Great car mate :happy2:

Where did you get the heat tape from?

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 11:49:08 am »
really enjoyed reading your updates mate, would love to see some pics when you've done modball! Im toying with what to get next and after playing around on the web iv narrowed it down to a few and the s3 is probably leading my personal pole! haha

how are you finding it now your pushing 350+bhp ?

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42:14 pm »
Awesome!  :drool:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 04:36:11 pm »
Great car mate :happy2:

Where did you get the heat tape from?

Thanks, I got it from LK Peformance just round the corner from me, cost £100 of tape tho :lol: you can get it from Demon Tweeks too

really enjoyed reading your updates mate, would love to see some pics when you've done modball! Im toying with what to get next and after playing around on the web iv narrowed it down to a few and the s3 is probably leading my personal pole! haha

how are you finding it now your pushing 350+bhp ?

Thanks ive always wanted to keep progress of my cars but always forget till this one. Ye there will be loads of pics & vids as my mate has bought a HD cam with waterproof sidemount etc to stick anywhere on the car. Ye was looking at a few cars after previous MK5 Golf R32, Lotus Exige S, Vauxhall Vx220 & Corsa 1.8 SRI. It was going well till the clutch started to slip after 6k constently for 1 week then stopped when I showed Audi :lol: didnt wana take the risk on Modball & will be modding the car further so just got the sachs clutch in as it will be needed anyway.

Awesome!  :drool:

Thanks but its far from it  :smiley:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »
Update 19/05 - Sachs Performance Clutch

Well aint many pics as I didnt get Statllers to take any as I forgot so only got one of the box it came in lol. So I have had fitted a uprated sachs performance clutch which will last no matter what power am running when it comes to big turbo time!. The pedal feel is totally different as its quite heavy but has loosend up abit now with a few miles on it. The biting point is real low so launchs and gear changes are very quick & super smooth I have noticed alot of diffrence in how the car drives now it should really come like this from the factory. It goes back to Statllers next week for uprated BSH engine mounts & to finally get it lowered :) Then in two weeks it will be getting all the sponsorship stickers put on for Modball!! I cant wait!!!

Here is the only pic I have :lol: will get a pic of the clutch when I go back next week. Thought id show a few pics from other day with my mate too.

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »
Update 28/05 - Autotech Fuel Pump, BSH Engine Mounts, H & R Springs & Modball 2010!!

Well as above next week is going to be a busy week & rush to get all done in time for Modball the week after!! dont believe how soon its come & cant wait to drive 3000 miles round europe on some amazing roads, test the car up against some serious power cars & party at every stop London, Calais, Le Mans, San Sebastian, Madrid, Barcelona, Monaco, Geneva, Calais then London again.

So first thing Tues the car goes to Audi for an oil change, Then Thurs its off to Stattlers to get my H & R springs fitted, BSH engine mounts & Autotech fuel pump. Ive decided on springs for now as they seem to do the job in my mates S3 but coilovers will come in the future once everything else on the car is done, The BSH engine mounts keep the engine totally planted with no movement what so ever which dont have go through the car & sounds like its f*cked :lol: but when planting it sounds like a different engine has been dropped in & will help with launchin at drag days & finally the Autotech fuel pump which is needed for stage 2 + & will mean I only need a turbo back Miltek & new Revo map to finish off. It will help alot giving more fuel to the engine which the standard pump can struggle to give the requested fuel to keep the boost gains of 30ft/lbs + are also gained just from the pump so with this fitted & my uprated clutch I got done I should be able to mess about with the boost & fuel settings on my revo select switch to make the car abit more aggresive.

So here are a few pics of things to come, may get another update in next week if I get chance before Modball

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »
very nice Phil  :happy2:
which part no for the clutch kit? is it clutch and pressure plate ? or did you go for the SMF conversion?

be interesting to see how you find the BSH mounts too  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 08:05:04 pm »
More pics of the pre-facelift with the black wheels  :drool:

That clutch is a beast! Any harder on the clutch pedal as one thing i noticed was how easy it was to use!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 09:10:10 pm »

that is a great shot, almost makes me want one!  :happy2:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 09:36:01 pm »

that is a great shot, almost makes me want one!  :happy2:

ha ha I've got 1 just like and funny enough its from Prosport a couple of years ago

:smiley:

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »
This is looking very smart!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 06:59:00 pm »
Much prefer the silver front on the white!

If an evoms and DV with revo 1 gets 350 i might get those mods first!