Make a donation

Author Topic: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread  (Read 49287 times)

Offline Kuro

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »
Great build thread matey...

Thats a good increase just with them mods.

Had mine on rollers and standard it was 280bhp & 283lbs/ft

Bought few bits for mine but they are up for sale now as plans changed  :happy2:

Offline tebotsc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 05:40:28 pm »
 :congrats:
resto in progress..coming soon

bye bye  R32

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:40 am »
wow this car is gorgous  :congrats: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
Sorry guys aint come on here for a while. Got a few updates so need to get them sorted

very nice Phil  :happy2:
which part no for the clutch kit? is it clutch and pressure plate ? or did you go for the SMF conversion?

be interesting to see how you find the BSH mounts too  :happy2:

Its the full uprated sachs clutch kit with an Audi DMF. Didnt get the BSH mounts in the end just yet but my mate has them fitted to his & the noise from the engine is mint, seems to feel better when planting it but the noises coming from the engine could p*ss people off as you can hear everything lol

More pics of the pre-facelift with the black wheels  :drool:

That clutch is a beast! Any harder on the clutch pedal as one thing i noticed was how easy it was to use!

Ill get some pics posted up later, its running Rotiform rims & he was the first in the UK to have black ones no matter what anyone says :)

Ye its abit harder but not much, can get abit annoying in traffic but I love it as it feels more solid

This is looking very smart!

Thanks  :smiley:

Great build thread matey...

Thats a good increase just with them mods.

Had mine on rollers and standard it was 280bhp & 283lbs/ft

Bought few bits for mine but they are up for sale now as plans changed  :happy2:

Ye I know facelifts seem to do well & my mates stage 2+ pulled the same as it has on other rollers so mine must be quite accurate but would want to get another one done now I have the fuel pump.

You selling yours now? seen you on vagoc

wow this car is gorgous  :congrats: :love: :love: :love:

Cheers Luke yours looks mint, aint seen you in a while since you had the mini. Youll know who I am if you saw my face btw lol

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Kuro

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »
Ye I know facelifts seem to do well & my mates stage 2+ pulled the same as it has on other rollers so mine must be quite accurate but would want to get another one done now I have the fuel pump.

You selling yours now? seen you on vagoc

Yeah I'm over on vagoc too

I'm just selling the bits as have different plan for the car and some other non-car plans...  :laugh:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:58 am »
Well been busy since Modball ended but thought id get round to doing the update in here. To sum Modball up in one word **** comes to mind if you read anything in Mikes thread we didn’t even go to the first stop that was advertised which meant we were going to go to miss Le mans qualifying which is one of the stops I was looking forward to then to! Then to help that even more the first drive was 10 hours because we were missing this stop, because each stop was so far away from each other  & we wasn’t staying in a hotel at each stop so had to be at the next check point we had to miss Monte Carlo which is another I was looking forward to, We then got told that at each stop we weren’t even staying in a hotel & tbh the ones that we did stay in were ibis hotels which are ok but everyone got the impression we were staying in some hotels alot better than them, All the parking at the hotels was supposed to be free which it wasn’t, we dint even get vip into the night clubs that we were supposed to, some hotels were right near the city centres which were fine but other people were staying 30mins away & had to pay alot to get there.

Everyone felt the same & was pretty pissed off with the guy that runs it so much people stood around him as was going knock the **** out of him. The whole trip was a piss take so much they trashed his car with flower, eggs & god knows what ever else was on it lol, the irish trashed the hotel rooms with toilet paper & the whole floor with a fire extinguisher lol & they also phoned the Spanish police on the organiser to say he was carrying drugs which he then got held at gunpoint lol. I think I was more pissed off due to the fact I thought this would be full of drivers roads & some well planned out routes but it was all boring motorway driving except the going the tunnels in the mountains. I expected it to be like the pistonhead runs full of amazing roads like something you see on Topgear.

There were a lot of good times but ones that we brought on ourselves, racing and beating an M3. Bentley, Mk2 Focus RS, Evo 9 FQ 360 to name a few, going on night out in Madrid, driving through about 20-30 tunnels & hearing the cars, getting pissed at every stop, doing 180mph (On Autobahn) easily getting there & still pulling quickly. My mates S3 broke down on the way back as the intercooler pipe blow off lol so his car cut out on motorway & he got just across to the services before it stopped we called the breakdown out who couldnt speak a word of english & was gona tow us back 40mins where we came from but luckly the irish modballers pulled up with a full tool kit in the M3 & fixed my mates car.

So never again & what a waste of money. Think next time ill be going to one of the pistonhead ones. I aint done nothing to the car since then but its going in this month for the front windows tinting & new private plate will be going on. Also in talks with a company with some carbon fibre one offs for the car so ill keep you updated on that too.

Here is a few pics from the trip, will try & find some more.

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 10:01:19 am »

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:11 am »
looks like fun but i would have done the trip with just your mates as its more fun  :drinking: just done the same ish tour as you but took in all the big car factories while we was in Italy  :smiley: awesome drive and defo doing it again soon  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 10:33:51 am »
looks like fun but i would have done the trip with just your mates as its more fun  :drinking: just done the same ish tour as you but took in all the big car factories while we was in Italy  :smiley: awesome drive and defo doing it again soon  :smiley:

Ye I saw your thread & told me mates about it. Id like to go to all the factories like that where did you get all the addresses for them from? & do you have a route you took?

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:55 am »
easy just go to company websites and all the info is on them  :happy2: nice and easy  :drinking:. We spent a week in the french alps near chamonix just down the road from mont blanc at my mates house and did lots of other bits in France then did Italy and Monaco and Geneva and Germany  :laugh: and the ring  :driver: but will try get some routes by pm to you in the next few days  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Update 12/10 - Michelin PS3 Tyres & Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:08 pm »
Quote from: Phil_T;5636835
Right well needed some new tyres as two were pretty much gone so thought I might aswell get all for put up a few threads of the vag forums & the Michelin PS3 is what every goes for, So thanks Costco you came in handy & got me 4 of these dirt cheap & nitrogen filled like the Nissan GTR's  seems to handle pretty good on the tyres from what I have had a go with so far.

Then today this massive heavy box turned up with my coilovers  they look mint which is ashame you wont get to see them. They are stainless steel, hight adjustable & 10 point rebound adjustable oh and if anything goes wrong with them they have a life time warrenty & should do for the money they cost!.

The coilovers will be fitted sometime this week or next along with my Turbo back non resonated Miltek exhaust which turned up today but dont have pictures as its at the tuning shop.

Here is a few pics for now sorry for a few pics they are off the iphone

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Quote from: Phil_T;5673403
Well got the car back thursday night from the tuning company I use which they fitted the turbo back non resonated Miltek exhaust & Bilstein coilovers. As soon as I drove it away I could notice that the exhaust has been well over due with all the mods I am running as it just felt so much more responsive even with still running Revo stage 1 which doesnt account for the intake, fuel pump & miltek which I will get onto. I decided to go for the non resonated centre section due to the noise sounding like nothing I have never heard which the best way to descibe is like a fighter jet & boost thrushing out noise  My mates wanted to hear it the other day while on the outside & they said even when they cant see me any more they can hear it like its stood next to them  Think ill have to get some vids sometime.

While I was there I also got my coilovers fitted which they have put on a good rebound setting for road use as it just feels like standard but if I wish to go for a decent drive can just sit under the car & adjust the knob in minutes. The hight they have set it at I am not happy with at the front but he said it will settle over the next few weeks & if I aint happy with the hight he will adjust it for me because I cba. After a good drive today along with the new tyres it holds the road like a go kart really impressed with them which slightly justifys the price.

So today I booked the car in at Revo because I now had all the mods to go straight to stage 2+ (360-380bhp with over 400 tq) but the tuner I use to fit the parts aint a revo dealer so had to make the long trip down. After them uploading the file to the car they did some on the road logging for me to see what was the best settings I could use as you get a switch that you can play about with the boost, timing & fuel on the laptop.

Then it was time to drive the car.....

Jesus this is quick haha mine & my mates neck were thrown so far back into the seat we couldnt even lift it back up, the boost is so violant & holds it all the way to the redline you look at the clock and your going silly speeds after only going through 3 gears had to slow down on my private road  came off one bend foot to floor sent all power to back & ended up with a little drift lol.

To say am happy is abit of an understatement cant wait for some more mods. Next month Uprated BSH engine mounts that I didnt get before, ARB's & BSH PCV Mod. Then onto the lightweight wheels after.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow but for now the current spec is as below.

Revo Stage 2+

Autotech Fuel Pump

Evoms Intake With Gold Heat Tape

Sachs Uprated Clutch & Pressure Plate

Forge DV

Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

Miltek Turbo Back Non Resonated Exhaust

Michelin PS3 Tyres

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Update 14/11 - BSH Engine Mounts
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »
Quote from: Phil_T;5737675
Well sort of update as I finally got the uprated engine mounts off my mates old S3 that he split a while back to buy a Range Rover Sport, Seems a few bolts are missed but can easy source them. I just need to book the car in at the tuners to get these fitted asap as the power is twisting the exhaust slightly at the mo cause the engine moves too much  Also with these fitted I should be able to do some serious launchin & with the power easy hit 0-60 in 4 seconds.

So here are a few pics of the engine mounts, plus the ride hight I have the coils set to which the handling is spot on so wont be going lower. Also thrown two pics of the exhaust whilst I saw the underneath of it a while back.

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Update 18/12 - BSH Engine & Gearbox Mount & BSH PCV Mod
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »
Quote from: Phil_T;5917892
Well aint updated this for a while but before christmas finally got the engine & gearbox mount fitted to the car which it has needed for a while as the power was pulling my exhaust apart in the middle lol. The car feels much more planted & goes through gears alot smoother & quicker. I have also tried a few 0-60s & it doesnt half go from stand still & feels quicker that the exige did to 60 so must be pulling low 4s. The noise when givin it some sounds like a totally different engine like a race car but on idle & general driving it sounds ruff lol like the engine is fooked but your going to get that putting stiff engine mounts on the car vibrating the whole thing.

So obviously no pics of the above but got one pic below of the pcv mod which ill copy & paste what it is & does

The kit is a three piece design, a PCV inlet port, a guidance block, and a manifold block off plug. Each component has been designed to accomplish the goals for the Bulletproof product line, rock solid performance, easy to maintain, and aesthetic enhancement of the respective part of the car.

PCV systems typically have two ports where crankcase pressure can be ventilated. One vents the crank case itself and will be near the bottom of the engine, typically off of the oil cooler housing, the other will vent the top of the motor and will most commonly be found on the valve cover. On OBD II compliant vehicles vented gasses are then routed to a port on the intake of the vehicle typically pre turbo charger on forced induction engines. The intake is used as air is always being pulled through it and as such provides the environment for a slightly lower than atmospheric pressure area.

2.0T BPY motor has all of these traits. The primary difference between the 2.0T and many other turbo vehicles is that the 2.0T has a port directly tied to the intake manifold and while in vacuum vents to this port on the intake manifold. When boost is built the factory setup relies on a check valve in the front PCV to stop boost pressure from going through the intake manifold port and pushing back into the crank case. Instead pressure is directed from the crankcase to a port on the rear of the valve cover commonly referred to as the rear PCV. As has clearly been seen on most modified and even factory stock cars, the check valve whose job it is to stop boost pressure from re-entering the crank case just isn’t cutting it! When the check valve fails pressure is passed through the system that is supposed to be venting it and back into the crank case. Symptoms of this are a noticeable loss in performance, a decrease in gas mileage, rough idle, and oil being blown out of the oil cap.

Manufactured in the US out of billet aluminum the new Bulletproof PCV Revamp hits every identified problem and does so while enhancing the look of the engine bay. By utilizing existing factory ports we are able to properly vent pressure from the crank case, without affecting emissions compliance, and never having boost act on the system. This system eliminates intake manifold interaction and provides a new path for crank case pressure that utilizes the freest flowing ports available to ensure complete ventilation.

So here is one pic, plus a vid from before christmas on a private road

Next up lightweight wheels on the 21st when I am going down to spec them up & get them made

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
Update 19/03 - 18x9 Compomotive MO6's
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »
Well after going down to Compomotive over 3 weeks ago for the measure up they finally turned up Friday  So glad I went for 9's all round as they look mint with the little dish & as far as I know no one else has done this on a 8P S3 & I have not seen these wheels fitted eithier

So I have taken the tyres off my standard rims as they are really good tyres but because they were off an 7.5' wide there is a little stretch :confused: I do like it tho but it prob needs it running 9's on the front. The next thing is to sort out the height now a little but the problem is am maxed out on the front but got quarter of thread on the back!! So going to have to find a way to sort the front.

Well here they are I love them & glad I went for this colour too but think it needs a black grill now to go with the agressive wheels.

Oh btw I have no centre caps on at the mo as the ones that came where chrome cups & I think they look awful & too old skool, so they are sending me out some flat caps