Make a donation

Author Topic: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread  (Read 49276 times)

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
Re: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2011, 09:02:14 am »
black grills look miles better mate

matt black is a great finish

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »
Aint been on here for a while, from my other thread http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34227.0.html I had to buy another sachs clutch in the end as they said the clutch doesnt really have warrenty on lol, I have also bought some H & R anti roll bars which need fitting & some plain A3 door mirrors which I am going to spray gloss black to match the grill. After those I have been looking at some pilot super sport tyres & some big brakes to get the rest finished before the bigger turbo upgrade
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:22:01 pm by Phil_T »

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »
Update 25/02 - Piano Black Door Mirrors, H & R Arbs, Oil & Filter Change

Well I aint been on here for ages and havent really done anything till now. Ive always wanted some uprated anti roll bars but at £400 new thought they were a rip off but my mate has stripped his big turbo s3 and all his bits and gave me the h & r arb's at a bargin price. Id already recent adjusted the rebound settings on on the coilovers from a softer 3 setting to a 6 all round which improved the car alot but after today fitting the arbs and putting them on the stiffest setting the car is stupid and goes round corners even better! I will also be buying uprated bushes and better semi slick tyres soon so cant imagine what it will be like then.

I have also had my other set of door mirrors sprayed piano black to match the grill which I think needed doing to match the agressive colour wheels and grill and I love it!

The car also went to my tuner today for an oil & filter change and also the cam follower replacing to keep things fresh. Also bought some solid metal shifter bushes and an rs4 fuel pressure regulator valve but he didnt have time to fit them today so ill be going back next weekend. The shifter bushes will tighten up the throw of the gearstick and help with quicker changes and the rs4 fuel valve will help feed more fuel to the car so I can up the settings more on the revo map to run more power. I cant wait to go back next week to as hes finished building his 997 turbo with uprated headers, cams, intercoolers, exhaust and remap which is pushing over 650bhp at mo so I get to go out in that before he goes to the 30-130 event.

Anywhere heres some pics, alot more mods coming this year plus alot more shows to go to including Worthersee!!!

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »
Update 3/03 - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes, RS4 Fuel Pressure Valve & New Miltek

Well I went back to get the rest of the parts done at my tuner which was 42 draft design shifter bushes, RS4 fuel pressure regulator valve & a new Miltek back box as my old one started to crack which Miltek replace FOC as it has lifetime warrenty.

So firstly onto the 42 draft design shifter bushes here is what it says about them

"Eliminate sloppy shifts forever!

Our CNC machined shifter cable bushings tighten up the movement of your shifter cables, literally connecting your hand to the gears. In a performance situation, the factory rubber bushings flex causing a delay in the engagement in the gears. Our bushings eliminate this delay and provide a precision shift free of slop or hesitation.

Our shifter cable bushings are CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and fit precisely within the factory endlink. Each bushing is sleeved with an oil-impregnated bronze bearing. This bearing provides constant lubrication and a lifetime of use without wear.

Specifically machined for a variety of fitments, our shifter cable bushings provide instant results. Installation is a simple task and requires only slight modification to the side/side endlink. If you're looking to feel your shifts, these bushings are the answer"

Here are pictures of them fitted to the car

I can honestly say its one of the best mods ive done, The gearbox throw feels alot sportier & more solid without it being hard to put in gear. I dont know if I am just thinking it but it also feels alot quicker through the gears but was worth the £40 they cost just for the feel.

Next up the Audi RS4 or R8 fuel pressure valve only really needed for Revo stage 2+ cars or big turbo. The RS4 fuel return valve replaces the OEM one. The OEM one opens a return valve at 130bar and allows pressure to drop to as low as 127bar before building pressure back up again. On the RS4 valve the pressure is designed to go to 136 bar and then the return valve opens, but closes again at 130bar. All depending on requested rail pressure.

REVO Stage 2+ requests 130bar and then higher in the rev range 132.5bar around the mythical 5krpm mark.

I can say I am glad it wasnt me who was fitting it as it was a ball ache to get to! After it was fitted my tuner plugged the car into Vagcom to see if things were ok then we did some logging on different Revo settings with changes to the boost, timing & fuel to see what settings I could run, Over the last few weeks I can honestly say the car feels alot better & pulls harder. I know with Revo stage 2+ at really high revs there is a very slight hesitation but with the valve fitted it has gone! Not bad for a £20 OEM part its just the labour to fit the thing.

While I was there I have also been discussing bigger brakes for the car as I have now warped two sets of standard disks which arnt upto the job & with the big turbo eventually going to happen it will need better brakes anyway, Lucky for me my tuner had a track rocco off one of the forums in for some work so I tried my wheel on to see what clearance where like over the 8 pots & they fit! Been talking to the main brake guy over the forums Dave B regarding the same set up which aint far off £3000 but thats with brand new 8 pots, floating disks with any design, bells, braided lines & new master cylinder so will be looking to get these over the next few months after a few other bits or some Ap Racing 6pots with all the same as above.

To say I went back to Statllers for things doing to my car I was looking more forward to going out in Steves car as he has finally managed to finish it after his busy weekends still working on cars like mine haha.

Its a 997 turbo with uprated headers, intercoolers, wastegates, mainifolds & exhaust & remap with about 650bhp on the low boost setting I went out in. Now to say this thing is 4wd is silly the sheer amount of power & how it went sideways in the dry was daft! leaving 11s on the road haha. He first explained how quite the exhaust was while we was warming the car up but said wait until you hear it on full chat & jesus this thing was loud & the way it went from 30 to high figures was in seconds that the speedo didnt look real!!  :laugh:

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »
Can't decide which I like better Phil, the splits or the Trinnys' :love:

Looking superb either way. If I thought my boxed up SLT's from the GTI would suit my MY10 A3 BE, they'd be on in a flash  :chicken:
Hoping to drop mine roughly as low as yours sits now if I don't catch the splitter underside on the drive way.

I bet the 997T is unreal to drive  :smiley:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »
Update 29/06 - Carbon Splitter & Diffuser & Wheel Refurb

Well the update has been along time coming mainly due to the time its taken to have the carbon bits made both of which are 1 of only two in the world & that company aint going to make any more. Its been a 14 week lead time waiting for them but I am so happy with the outcome & finish the car off being darker than the standard silver parts that were on the car from new. I also decided to have the wheels refurbed as when I bought them new I asked if it had the white writing round the wheel which I didnt like & they told me it didnt have it like the picture on their site but they turned up with it! Anyway I wanted it gone & the only way was to get all four wheels done & am glad I did.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:44:02 pm by Phil_T »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2012, 06:25:20 pm »

:drool: :drool: :drool:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »
Can't decide which I like better Phil, the splits or the Trinnys' :love:

Looking superb either way. If I thought my boxed up SLT's from the GTI would suit my MY10 A3 BE, they'd be on in a flash  :chicken:
Hoping to drop mine roughly as low as yours sits now if I don't catch the splitter underside on the drive way.

I bet the 997T is unreal to drive  :smiley:

Turinis have been sold now, Need 19's for daily but I was still not happy getting rid of them

Ive still have over 40mm of thread left on the coils too. If your wanting to go low you'll need to get some custom H & R's like I did as I wanted it really low for shows & raised for daily.

The porsche is stupid Steve took me out again a few weeks ago & with the Vbox attached we managed best 0-100 in 5.8 secs & 0-60 3.2 hahahahaha :laugh: I want one

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2012, 06:30:47 pm »
Just needs the AKS shifter bracket bushes now  :laugh:

Ttrs calipers with 362mm floating discs can be done for around the 2k mark.  Just hard to find the caliper second hand.  No real need for the master upgrade then.  Pads are half the price too.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »
Update 15/09 - Still Static Custom H & R Race Coilovers, Topmounts, Droplinks & BBS

Well its been a very busy & expensive month! I always said when the car had alot of the stuff done I wanted to it I would buy some nice show wheels so after the hunt for something special for the last few months & searching the internet I found them on Edition 38. They are very rare BBS E28 Motorsport Magnesium 3 piece forged wheels with face mounted centres & polished dishes. The specs are 18 x 9 all around & have a 215/40 Falken stretched on them and around at ET48. The wheels are BBS gold & they weigh nothing! Even lighter than my Speedline Turinis!! So now I finally found the wheels the wallet took a massive dint out of it but I got 5 wheels but 4 with brand new tyres & tbh even if I came to sell the wheels I wouldnt loose no money on them. So now I had the wheels it was time for me & Vick (Edition 38 crew member) to trial fit them. The back wheel went on fine with no issues but the front touched the strut! So we knew I needed to run spacers on the front but because the car was still high on the lowest setting on the Bilsteins for shows we couldnt buy spacers until I bought new coilovers!

I loved the Bilstein coilovers but I needed more adjustabilty & tbh they didnt go low enough for the road & I wanted the option to go lower for shows. After buying my new show wheels from Vick from Edition 38 he put me in touch with Si Sweetland who owns a company called Still Static who make custom H & R coilovers through a person in Germany who works for H & R. There were 3 options 110mm kit, 140mm kit & the race kit. So I decided to go for the race kit which was a 140mm drop, adjustable dampers then also had the chance to get them with adjustable top mounts & adjustable drop links. So after becoming good friends with Vick who I bought my wheels off Si sorted me out a good price. The Edition 38 show was coming up & I wanted the car ready but with a week to make the suspension which couldnt happen as the German guys where coming across to Edition 38 show & trying to get the car booked in to get it set up properly just wasnt going to happen I still went to the show & met up with Si who runs the UK Still Static company & also the Germans who make the suspension from H & R. We talked alot & went through everything so I got everything I wanted & they said they was looking forward to seeing an S3 as no one tunes them in europe with alot of power then have the looks to match. So the Germans went back Tues & the kit was with Si in the UK Wednesday! but I couldnt get the kit fitted until the day before Players show in Essex which I was going to! Which was going to make things tight as we didnt know what spacers we would need for the wheels until the new suspension was on! So I took a chance & bought a 5mm spacer for the front & Si said he could get a company called G23 engineering to make some on the day if needed (Got no pics of the drop links!)

I now needed to get down to Essex as my friends that run a club called Rollhard were having a big meet before the Players show on Sunday. I managed to get there late but it was still really busy & the car seemed to go well. After all the work over the last few weeks getting everything from wheel bolts, spigots, spacers, wheels & suspension & stressing out it finally paid off at the show.

Anyway enough of me going on ill let the pictures do the rest, Some may not like it but I love it & thats all that matters. Yes its low for shows but takes 20mins to raise the car & drive it how I want to.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:44:26 pm by Phil_T »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 06:44:20 pm »

Ill say it again.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 06:46:17 pm »
Just needs the AKS shifter bracket bushes now  :laugh:

Ttrs calipers with 362mm floating discs can be done for around the 2k mark.  Just hard to find the caliper second hand.  No real need for the master upgrade then.  Pads are half the price too.

I asked Mike about them but think you had only just made your first set? How much are they?

I am going to go for some 8 Pot R8 calipers & floating disks by Dave B & get the master upgrade

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47:50 pm »

Ill say it again.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks again Mike, 95% of it built by Statllers & id only ever trust them with the car

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2012, 06:51:34 pm »
Lovely!! My sort of vag car- show with go!
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2012, 06:58:50 pm »
Amazing car!!  :happy2:

Not the gold wheels thou....sorry! 
Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-