Make a donation

Author Topic: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread  (Read 49260 times)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Re: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2012, 07:13:22 pm »
Will the 8 pots fit under the rims?  I have to say I'm in love with the rims.

Bracket bushes are in stock.  Price is 30 quid.  2 quid to post those.  If you have the metal bracket then it needs removing and the bushes pressing in,  but they can be fitted in situ with the plastic bracket.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2012, 07:16:27 pm »
Turinis have been sold now, Need 19's for daily but I was still not happy getting rid of them

Ive still have over 40mm of thread left on the coils too. If your wanting to go low you'll need to get some custom H & R's like I did as I wanted it really low for shows & raised for daily.

The porsche is stupid Steve took me out again a few weeks ago & with the Vbox attached we managed best 0-100 in 5.8 secs & 0-60 3.2 hahahahaha :laugh: I want one

Not often I hear "Need 19's for daily..."  :laugh: :happy2:

No, just track low chief. There are too many impracticalities with my daily drive/living to go silly low. The AP's are just below halfway at the moment so some room to play with.

Looks like it's GTR pace. I'd love to see it versus one on track  :driver:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »

Bracket bushes are in stock.  Price is 30 quid.  2 quid to post those.  If you have the metal bracket then it needs removing and the bushes pressing in,  but they can be fitted in situ with the plastic bracket.

Ye loads of space as they are bbs motorsport wheels that are fitted to race cars with big brakes & I tried the turini which have alot less space over the setup I want and there was still room.

Ill get in touch soon then as I want them, the black caps & some superpro bushes, You dont know how much the Miltek decat pipe is for mine do you? I know Steve can get me one but would be nice to know how much they are

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2012, 07:43:03 pm »

Ye loads of space as they are bbs motorsport wheels that are fitted to race cars with big brakes & I tried the turini which have alot less space over the setup I want and there was still room.

Ill get in touch soon then as I want them, the black caps & some superpro bushes, You dont know how much the Miltek decat pipe is for mine do you? I know Steve can get me one but would be nice to know how much they are

If you are after a cheap bush kit minus the console bushes then have a chat with berg.  He has a brand new kit from me that he will sell at the gb price.  I've been trying to setup with milltek since I started AKS.  I can order, but only by phone.  Steve is sorting out the online dealer section for me as Charlie has been,  well Charlie.

What are the wheels exactly from and are they direct fitment?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »
Ok thanks, Not sure what they were originally from but I bought them from a 400bhp mk4 golf that had them fully rebuilt & was on the car for one 400 mile trip. The wheels are 5x114 so jap fitment but with wobble bolts they are fine
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:28:33 pm by Phil_T »

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Conor

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Re: New Car - Ibis White Audi S3 / Progress Thread
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »
Stunning just doesn't cover that, my dream wheels. Was hovering over them on edition for ages but funds never allowed.

Fair play mate, great to see such an all rounder.

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »
I have some pics of your car from players this year. I spoke to you on the day but didn't realize that you posted on here.

Nice S3

Offline stephen8512

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:35 am »
went thorugh this build thread...gotta say I love it mate!

how did you find the 8pot brakes fitting behind the wheel? much clearance?

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »
Stunning just doesn't cover that, my dream wheels. Was hovering over them on edition for ages but funds never allowed.

Fair play mate, great to see such an all rounder.

Thanks much more to come, Ye am good friends with Vick now who I bought the wheels from

I have some pics of your car from players this year. I spoke to you on the day but didn't realize that you posted on here.

Nice S3

Can you post them in here? Thanks I spoke to a few people that day as the car was only finished the night before

went thorugh this build thread...gotta say I love it mate!

how did you find the 8pot brakes fitting behind the wheel? much clearance?

Thanks comments like that keep me wanting to post up the progress.

There was abit of room on the turinis but not sure how much on the BBS yet but it should be even more room

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2012, 08:56:26 pm »

I would love for you to keep posting. I went for the white gti over a white s3 after months of decision making! Looking at yours...well its just awesome. Soooo nice. Please keep posting and working on her. She clearly has a fantastic owner.

Can I ask please, you've obviously got the car dropped and you've got some quite big rims on. Do the tyres touch the shock absorbers? I want to drop my gti at the back a bit more but can't too much simply because the rims I have would rub! I even have spacers on but they still would rub. Just wondering if you have come across this at any stage?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:41:54 pm by jonnym »
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2012, 01:06:11 am »
love the wheels  :driver:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:03 pm »

I would love for you to keep posting. I went for the white gti over a white s3 after months of decision making! Looking at yours...well its just awesome. Soooo nice. Please keep posting and working on her. She clearly has a fantastic owner.

Can I ask please, you've obviously got the car dropped and you've got some quite big rims on. Do the tyres touch the shock absorbers? I want to drop my gti at the back a bit more but can't too much simply because the rims I have would rub! I even have spacers on but they still would rub. Just wondering if you have come across this at any stage?

Thanks, It all depends what width & et your wheels are. Also it could depend on your suspension as with my bilstein suspension it was really close but with these custom H & R & adjustable top mounts it isnt but I did have to use a 5mm spacer on the front to clear the strut but only because the wheels are 9" all round

Thanks

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:07 am »
That's is perfect mate!! Stunning.

PM for details

Offline Sam89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »
Seen this today at statllers. And my god is it low lol, i ment to say hi but you looked a bit busy messing about with the wheel fitment! Top motor

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »

Thanks, It all depends what width & et your wheels are. Also it could depend on your suspension as with my bilstein suspension it was really close but with these custom H & R & adjustable top mounts it isnt but I did have to use a 5mm spacer on the front to clear the strut but only because the wheels are 9" all round

Thanks

Excellent thank you. I think i'm just going to plough on and lower the thing. If it rubs i'll change it. I've had to change the set up to put my wheels on anyway being 9.5 at the front and 8.5 at the back. Cheers.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"