Make a donation

Author Topic: New GT TDI member  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Pacman

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
New GT TDI member
« on: December 26, 2015, 03:37:31 pm »
Hello there,

New member from Scotland,recently bought myself a mk5 GT TDI 170,this is my second golf had a mk4 GT TDI 150 for a couple years and never had any problems with it and fancied a Mk5 so I went out and bought this one

I wasn't happy with the condition of the wheels so I had them re painted now they're corrosion free,I also changed the back bumper to a gti one and added a gti front lower spoiler too.

I'd like to say I've had the same reliability with the new one but things have gotten off to a rocky start,broke down on 2nd day of ownership which turned out to be a dodgy fuel pump got that sorted then started to notice a slight miss at idle which is intermittent,no faults in the engine ECM,then the DPF light came on so I carried out re gen,light then off but it keeps popping back on every couple weeks which is a bit annoying,next issue with the car was a loud knock from the o/s/f which is due to a faulty rack,so not a good start by any means.

I started to search online regarding these issues and saw a lot of things on here so I decided to join up.

I'll be getting a new rack in after the new year and get the miss sorted out too hopefully then I'll be happy and just need to hope no other issues occur

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:57:12 am by Pacman »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: New GT TDI member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 11:54:20 am »
Welcome Mate  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New GT TDI member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum
Sounds like your not having a good start to new ownship

Offline gmwongera