Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine mounts and Revo intake  (Read 1292 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Engine mounts and Revo intake
« on: January 09, 2016, 12:15:28 am »
Air Intake
Has anybody experience any issues such as the whistle / screech noise or power loss with the Revo intake on their K03 GTI? I have heard of some people having these problems with other intakes but not the Revo up till now.

Engine mounts
As these engines have a fair bit of movement and I'm wanting to stabilise that more even after trying the Superpro insert, what would be the best option for me to take?

Overall, I'm looking for a happy medium between offering more stability than the insert has but not so much that it causes way more vibrations at a set of lights. I'm guessing it would be ideal for me to replace the side mounts also with just OE replacements opposed to uprated so I don't get the vibrations that I don't want.

The car is for fast road use and maybe 1-3 track days a year.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:36:34 pm by CarlW »

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Re: Engine mounts and Revo intake
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:15 pm »
Anyone?

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »
I've experienced it with a neuspeed P-flo pipe and Ramair filter and mine is a dsg. revs climb but cars not moving if that's what you mean.

You'll definitely need to replace the side mounts as now you have a stiffer lower mount this will cause the car to judder or jerk more often than not at all.

Hope that helps.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:05:22 pm »
I don't know about the power loss as I've never experienced it myself in anyone else's GTI, I'm iust going off what I've seen on the forum but as I'm looking at getting he Revo intake I'm looking to hear from anyone who has maybe had these same screech noises or moments of power loss like you describe.

As for engine mounts, I will 100% be changing all three and like you say just change the side mounts for OE replacements but change the bottom mount to something more uprated but which one to get, I do not know yet due to the amount there is available and each one seems to differ in how they change the driving feel  and noises etc.

Hoping to get some suggestions from people in the know that can suggest the best ones that are best suited to fast road use but something that doesn't bring loads of extra vibrations into the cabin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:10:20 pm by CarlW »

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:13 pm »
I went for the red powerflex insert for the dog mount as this gives less internal vibration but others seem to choose the harder yellow one but that gives more vibration.
Many also go for superpro as they're recommended widely across all forums.

I have a dsg 05 gti and when I fitted my neuspeed P-flow pipe and Ramair filter on I had high revving and power loss so went back to oem for now. not remapped atm so theres no point fitting an induction kit.

Some mention a screeching noise as ice read a few posts on filters.