Make a donation

Author Topic: Making the jump from GTI to Edition 30  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
Re: Making the jump from GTI to Edition 30
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2016, 06:11:18 pm »
I think power aside, the edition 30's are an awesome choice. Look miles fresher cosmetically! wheels suit the car to a T.

Just like a mk4 anniversary all they need in reality is a 30mm drop some spacers and keeping split mint, resale value is brilliant and always has been apart from the initial drop. Future classic! even on a stage 1 tune i think they are one of the most underestimated cars on the road!

Extra funds allowing id happily have an edition 30 over my stage 2 GTi just on looks alone, especially red or grey.

Or black ;) Probs fav thing about my ed30 is people think it's 'just a golf' in there words.
Then you tell them it's 340bhp  :laugh: and your aiming for more in the summer :D
My brothers just bought one too now :) brilliant car and will hold there money as well as virtually anything else you could buy

A mate in his BMW 330CI said "it's just a golf" to me on the weekend.  Once i had stopped to wait for him to catch up i asked him if he still thinks "it's just a golf"...;)
BMW drivers are the worst for it

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2016, 06:12:37 pm »
Ive been a happy owner of my stage 2 Rtech mapped ED30 for nearly 7 years, and refuse to sell it knowing just had good these cars are.
There is very little out there that can match its all round capabilities , I've had 2 standard mk5 GTis previously to this one, and wouldn't go for a normal version again.
This car is that good that I'm toying with either buying a White Ed35 for the wife to replace her car or another Ed30 and keep that one standard....... Futile but I'll try and keep to my word of not modding it aswell.

I think the rarity of the Ed35 will also have great residual into the future too.

How many ed35's were made? Iknow the mk6 r seems pretty rare don't see many for sale. Seems like cars are only released 2 minutes these days before the manufacturers are bringing the next one out!

Offline seiko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »
Who's done it? and was it worth it?!
done the move 4 years ago from a golf gti satage 1 revo to a edition 30 stage 1 revo, had the gti up for sale for three months before it sold and drove them back to back, the gti was so more point and squirt hardly any lag but did run out of puff around 5300rpm ,

the ed30 is more laggy, you just have to learn to drive it at the right rpm, pulls all the way to the red line in every gear, the ed 30 does look better than the gti and keeps its value , but if i had my time again would go for a wel specked gti  stage 1 maped, it is a real all round belter  :happy2: