Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.  (Read 17430 times)

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.
« on: January 09, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
Well happy with the result.

I said to myself that i would be happy with anything over 250bhp and 300lbft torque, so when i was handed this i had a large smile on my face...:)

268bhp and 334ftlb torque.

Custom stage 1 with only panel filter, cat back and pre-cat delete.

Just look at the difference from the bluefin curve to the r-tech curve.

Pulls like a train in all gears and the power is so much more usable. Thanks R-TECH.

I hope the guy in the scirocco that was meant to be at r-tec finds his way back ok.  How do you make it all the way up to leiscester when your meant to be in london before realising your in the wrong place!

I have a bluefin for sale if anyone is after one...:)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:24:20 pm by Greenman »
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 06:07:50 pm »
That's awesome for a stage 1  :congrats: you must be loving it love time

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 06:12:09 pm »
Nice figures you have there. I'm thinking of going stage 1 and will be doing a pre cat delete and panel filter first. How much was it buddy if you don't mind me asking?   :happy2:

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 06:17:12 pm »
Nice figures you have there. I'm thinking of going stage 1 and will be doing a pre cat delete and panel filter first. How much was it buddy if you don't mind me asking?   :happy2:

It was £290 for the custom stage 1 map itself, but i had the Rev G DV supplied and fitted also so all in it was £335.

It is well worth it.  Well happy with how the car drives now.

I would not hesitate a second to book in with them, can't fault them at all, and there is a even a food van you can get bacon and egg baps from just 30 seconds away...:)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
Just how do they do it?!

Immense figures. And yet again I see a panel filter in play.. @rashg60

What filter are you using Greenman?

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »
That's awesome for a stage 1  :congrats: you must be loving it love time

Hell yes.

I already had a bluefin fitted so wasn't expecting that much of change, but i really feel that it is complete transformed beast now.

Must of overtaken about 10 cars on the way back...:)

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 06:19:05 pm »
Just how do they do it?!

It's a carbonio.

I'm not sure if it's just the carbonio housing with another panel filter in it.  I bought the car with it on and have not had a chance to take a look.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »
Just how do they do it?!

It's a carbonio.

I'm not sure if it's just the housing with another panel filter in it.  I bought the car with it on and have not had a chance to take a look.
Did R-Tech say it helped at all?

I know most people say they do nothing, but I keep seeing people getting great results at R-Tech with uprated panel filters (and decat/sports cat/gutted pre cat, granted).

I'm Stage 1 R-Tech, totally stock hardware and my torque very briefly peaks at 296lbft, but you've got well over 300 for a good chunk of the power band.

I will be getting a Powervalve turbo back soon to go Stage 2 but I can't help thinking an uprated panel filter might help things along nicely too!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »
Oh, and lol at the Scirocco guy..

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 06:29:00 pm »
Just how do they do it?!

It's a carbonio.

I'm not sure if it's just the housing with another panel filter in it.  I bought the car with it on and have not had a chance to take a look.
Did R-Tech say it helped at all?

I know most people say they do nothing, but I keep seeing people getting great results at R-Tech with uprated panel filters (and decat/sports cat/gutted pre cat, granted).

I'm Stage 1 R-Tech, totally stock hardware and my torque very briefly peaks at 296lbft, but you've got well over 300 for a good chunk of the power band.

I will be getting a Powervalve turbo back soon to go Stage 2 but I can't help thinking an uprated panel filter might help things along nicely too!

You've got to at least do uprated panel filter mate if not induction kit as the car will need to breath as well as ex-spell it's gases.

They didn't say anything about the car setup.  TBH they were really busy and i only had a quick chat.

I was all happy with the way the car drives so what more was there to say...:)

Do you know how much boost the stage 1 map should hold? - that's one thing i wanted to ask them but didn't.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »
Not sure mate, but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some figures.

Enjoy the car mate. Nice feeling just after a new map isn't it! Niki is a legend.

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »

It was £290 for the custom stage 1 map itself, but i had the Rev G DV supplied and fitted also so all in it was £335.

I would not hesitate a second to book in with them, can't fault them at all, and there is a even a food van you can get bacon and egg baps from just 30 seconds away...:)

Perfect thank you. I will have to get myself booked in. Worth it just for the food van  :signLOL:

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 06:32:07 pm »
Not sure mate, but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some figures.

Enjoy the car mate. Nice feeling just after a new map isn't it! Niki is a legend.

Yes he is.

Can't wait to go out tomorrow after giving it a good clean.  I washed it before leaving and now it's a complete state again after the 240 odd mile round trip.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »

Perfect thank you. I will have to get myself booked in. Worth it just for the food van  :signLOL:

lol - i should start getting discounts at the food van for my marketing skills...;)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 06:33:02 pm »
Best round trip ever though