Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.  (Read 17436 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »
No no noooooooo I'm not going k04 no noooooooo ££££'s although I'd so love to. Just going to stick with the things I've mentioend and try be happy with that  :driver:

As long as you make sure you get that breathing right mate i'm sure you will be happy...:)
Yes defo fitting an fmic as this will also help with the turbo back system. bought a cat back not long back but silly me sent it back  :stupid: I was half way there on the expelling side of things too. Sold my neuspeed P-flow pipe and Ramair filter last week as I wasn't happy with how it was causing issues with my car and not being mapped so next time it'll just have to all go on with a map. might even get S3 injectors to complete my mods but guessing they're not required as you're happy with what you have right?.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 07:48:49 pm »
And there's no 'bolt on' maps at R-Tech. That's R-Tech, Hinckley, Leicestershire, just in case you're thinking of a similarly named company.. One does exist.

r-tec in london by chance?
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50:04 pm »
No no noooooooo I'm not going k04 no noooooooo ££££'s although I'd so love to. Just going to stick with the things I've mentioend and try be happy with that  :driver:

As long as you make sure you get that breathing right mate i'm sure you will be happy...:)
Yes defo fitting an fmic as this will also help with the turbo back system. bought a cat back not long back but silly me sent it back  :stupid: I was half way there on the expelling side of things too. Sold my neuspeed P-flow pipe and Ramair filter last week as I wasn't happy with how it was causing issues with my car and not being mapped so next time it'll just have to all go on with a map. might even get S3 injectors to complete my mods but guessing they're not required as you're happy with what you have right?.

Mate if your getting FMIC and turbo back you will need HPFP as otherwise that will limit your power.
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »
Just to add to that - the R-Tech Stage 1 is indeed just as custom - even though on paper standard car A should respond the same as standard car B, the car still gets the same live mapping on the rollers as a car with hardware changes would, as in practice not all standard cars respond the same.

That's one of the many things that set R-Tech apart from generic Stage 1 maps. You know you're getting the best bespoke map for your hardware whether it's stock or not.
oops my bad  :signLOL:

I would have thought a stage 1 is just bolt on and off you go ???
What?? Are you sure mate??!

R-Tech built their reputation on the 1.8T.
Sorry it was Revo  :ashamed: I'll edited that post  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 07:53:14 pm »
And there's no 'bolt on' maps at R-Tech. That's R-Tech, Hinckley, Leicestershire, just in case you're thinking of a similarly named company.. One does exist.

I'm confused now  :stupid: r tech in London or Revo  :confused:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 07:56:10 pm »
Mate if your getting FMIC and turbo back you will need an after market HPFP as otherwise that will limit your power.
I know but by how much as I can't seem to want to fork out £400 ish on a fuel pump or can even justify this to the misses when she asks why I'm doing this for  :scared:

I wanted to keep the car standard after getting pee** off with the air filter hens sent the cat back back. now I've read you're post and thinking 260 + bhp from minimal parts then why not  :rolleye:

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »

r-tec and R-TECH are differnt companies mate.  R-TECH in Hinckley are the ones you want.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 07:57:08 pm »

Hehe! Proper R-Tech is Leicestershire. Like Greenman said, there's a tuner down south with a similar name. Someone actually booked in with one place and turned up at the other a while ago!!

Oh and don't worry about S3 injectors yet, yours are fine for the limits of a k03
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:59:04 pm by AJP »

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 07:58:29 pm »
Mate if your getting FMIC and turbo back you will need an after market HPFP as otherwise that will limit your power.
I know but by how much as I can't seem to want to fork out £400 ish on a fuel pump or can even justify this to the misses when she asks why I'm doing this for  :scared:

I wanted to keep the car standard after getting pee** off with the air filter hens sent the cat back back. now I've read you're post and thinking 260 + bhp from minimal parts then why not  :rolleye:

If you just want 260ish then look at my sig and just do those customisations.

FMIC/HPFP and full turbo back exhaust will be stage 2 and will probs see you with 280ish as mentioned.

There is little point in just doing a few mods and hoping for the best, it's all about buying the correct mods that accompany each other to make the power you want.

Cat back, after market filter, and pre-cat delete should see what your after, HPFP, FMIC and turbo back along side the other mods will see you more as it's a stage 2 oppertunity, and R-TECH will be sure to make the most of it...:)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:04:43 pm by Greenman »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 08:00:16 pm »

If you just want 260ish then look at my sig and just do those customisations.

FMIC/HPFP and full turbo back exhaust will be stage 2.
2+ if you've done the fuel pump.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 08:01:09 pm »

r-tec and R-TECH are differnt companies mate.  R-TECH in Hinckley are the ones you want.
:happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 08:02:52 pm »

Hehe! Proper R-Tech is Leicestershire. Like Greenman said, there's a tuner down south with a similar name. Someone actually booked in with one place and turned up at the other a while ago!!

Oh and don't worry about S3 injectors yet, yours are fine for the limits of a k03
Lol they must have felt stupid for going all the way there  :signLOL: I think it's those near London that can't do they're mapping right  :scared:Thanks for the injector advice  :drinking:

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »
Just read this thread - thanks for mentioning me AJP  :smiley:

I'm on a stage 2 R-Tech map with only a K&N panel air filter and full turbo back 3inch Powervalve exhaust system with 200 cell sports cat = 273bhp with 344 lb/ft torque. This is plenty of power from the GTI and makes me smile every time I drive it.

Apart from the above two mods the car is completely standard and I have no intention of changing anything else as it drives like a dream.

If I get bored with this in the future, I may upgrade the fuel pump and intercooler and go for the Stage 2+ but I would only do this if I can achieve circa 300bhp. Otherwise I wouldn't see the benefit in spending a lot of money for very little gain.

Thankfully R-Tech are only around 40 miles away from me.........
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »
Just read this thread - thanks for mentioning me AJP  :smiley:

I'm on a stage 2 R-Tech map with only a K&N panel air filter and full turbo back 3inch Powervalve exhaust system with 200 cell sports cat = 273bhp with 344 lb/ft torque. This is plenty of power from the GTI and makes me smile every time I drive it.

Apart from the above two mods the car is completely standard and I have no intention of changing anything else as it drives like a dream.

If I get bored with this in the future, I may upgrade the fuel pump and intercooler and go for the Stage 2+ but I would only do this if I can achieve circa 300bhp. Otherwise I wouldn't see the benefit in spending a lot of money for very little gain.

Thankfully R-Tech are only around 40 miles away from me.........

Totally agree that the fuel pump upgrade etc is a big shell out if you don't see a nice increase in power, that's why i have stuck with getting the best out of the car with stage 1.

I suppose our cars show the benefits of a good basic setup, with the help of knowledgable tuners.

I also agree that this sort of power is enough for the GTI, anything more is rolling straight line only and pub talk figures!

:driver:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:32:38 pm by Greenman »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2016, 10:55:39 pm »
On top of all that!!! a heavy duty brake set up will be needed as stopping a car that's belting it down the road with 280ish horses will be an issue. My tt mk1 own set came off as they were absolutely sugar imho and the LCR set up went straight on and what a difference they made to the pedal and braking  :driver:

What are your brakes like Greenman???