Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.  (Read 17415 times)

Offline gokgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 03:44:53 pm »
Awesome result mate im 267 horse 328 ftlb and really made up with how it goes, different tuners from R-Tech but just as good a reputation in the VAG world.

Is it DSG or manual?

Dont forget people too its not about the end figures its about the shape of the curves and the area under neath them, yours will have a wide spread of power now mate especially with the extra torque. Awesome

JackL15

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 06:23:43 pm »
R-Tech got me 282bhp and 347 torque at stage 2. That's on an 07 GTi.

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »
What mods were fitted?

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2016, 07:24:33 pm »
Reading this, you guys are twisting my arm here hahaa... Too paranoid about the clutch slipping at 80K miles though even though i know a custom map can be tweaked to keep the clutch happy. Just seems a bit like giving a child a dairy milk bar and only letting them eat 1 square of it haha.

JackL15

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2016, 08:46:18 pm »
What mods were fitted?

Currently the main mods are an S3 intercooler, forge twintake and milltek turbo back exhaust. Have a loba fuel pump waiting to be fitted and a few little bits and pieces before its back for stage 2+.

The car is on 32k and DSG.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:48:00 pm by JackL15 »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2016, 08:50:08 pm »
What mods were fitted?

Currently the main mods are an S3 intercooler, forge twintake and milltek turbo back exhaust. Have a loba fuel pump waiting to be fitted and a few little bits and pieces before its back for stage 2+.

That's a strong engine. Should see past 290 with the pump, and a good dollop of torque of course.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2016, 09:14:17 pm »
What mods were fitted?

Wow you got that power without the HPFP???  I'd be happy with 280 hp. Love those milltek systems  :happy2:

Offline Berry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2016, 09:21:42 pm »
This makes for very encouraging reading. You must be chuffed mate.
Thinking of R- Tech myself. I currently have an entirely stock setup. If i put an updated air filter in beforehand, will that realistically make much difference??
Just debating doing the pre cat delete and back box too but trying to keep an eye on the expense... This site is terrible for the bank balance - Encouraging far too many lovely expensive mods..!
Shadow Blue MK5 GTI

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2016, 09:46:59 pm »
That's exactly how I feel right now  :sad1: all that power but ££££ doesn't help  :signLOL:

Offline Nickd57

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2016, 11:09:15 pm »
Wow thats decent

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2016, 08:59:25 am »
Awesome result mate im 267 horse 328 ftlb and really made up with how it goes, different tuners from R-Tech but just as good a reputation in the VAG world.

Is it DSG or manual?

Dont forget people too its not about the end figures its about the shape of the curves and the area under neath them, yours will have a wide spread of power now mate especially with the extra torque. Awesome

Manual.

Nice figures there mate, must be happy.

Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2016, 09:30:28 am »
That's exactly how I feel right now  :sad1: all that power but ££££ doesn't help  :signLOL:

Completely agree. I'm going STG1 @ R-TECH in 19 days time and would love to have paired it with a Powervalve exhaust. its just mega money even with the group buy. Guess I just need to decide which child doesn't need to eat for a while ;)

Dave

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2016, 09:39:41 am »

Completely agree. I'm going STG1 @ R-TECH in 19 days time and would love to have paired it with a Powervalve exhaust. its just mega money even with the group buy. Guess I just need to decide which child doesn't need to eat for a while ;)

Dave

You can still do the pre-cat delete as it's a free mod, just your time getting the DP off and on again...:)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:24 am »

Dave

You can still do the pre-cat delete as it's a free mod, just your time getting the DP off and on again...:)

Already done :)

Dave

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:43 am »
I'd definitely recommend doing the pre cat if you're on a budget.

I didn't, and Stage 1 at R-Tech got me 242bhp and 296lb/ft.

I know some cars are inherently stronger than others, but looking at this thread you've got to say it's a worthwhile mod.

Luckily I'll soon be skinting myself on the Powervalve and fingers crossed fattening up my torque and getting near 270bhp.