Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.  (Read 17413 times)

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
Re: Just got the GTI back from R-TECH.
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:29 am »
Yeah, did the precat yonks ago in preparation, along with cam follower. I think the PCV and DV are ok, but will replace on day if required.

Dave

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 11:48:53 am »
Nice result!

Did you change your clutch beforehand?

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 02:45:33 pm »
Yeah, did the precat yonks ago in preparation, along with cam follower. I think the PCV and DV are ok, but will replace on day if required.

Dave

Cool.

Yeah they check DV and PCV as part of the price.  I paid £45 for supply and fitment of Rev G DV as i had a Rev D and even though it was ok wanted the Rev G anyway.

Replaced cam follower myself.

Nice result!

Did you change your clutch beforehand?

Nope, and i get no clutch slip from the OEM clutch what so ever.

Got it spinning the wheels in 2'nd and 3'rd yesterday!
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Berry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2016, 06:18:22 pm »
Excellent. All you've got to do now is get a Tyre centre loyalty card!  :grin:

Good point about the clutch Eagles. Something I'd panic about but then again you'll never know until you map it and see. Looks like your OEM may have had an easy life (so far  :wink:) Greenman
Shadow Blue MK5 GTI

Offline gokgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 10:59:08 pm »
Awesome result mate im 267 horse 328 ftlb and really made up with how it goes, different tuners from R-Tech but just as good a reputation in the VAG world.

Is it DSG or manual?

Dont forget people too its not about the end figures its about the shape of the curves and the area under neath them, yours will have a wide spread of power now mate especially with the extra torque. Awesome

Manual.

Nice figures there mate, must be happy.

I'm over the moon mate really does transform the cars into a brialliant a and b road animal! the torqque spread makes them bags of fun, just have to forget the small traction issues at this time of the year lol

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 10:17:18 am »
Excellent. All you've got to do now is get a Tyre centre loyalty card!  :grin:

Good point about the clutch Eagles. Something I'd panic about but then again you'll never know until you map it and see. Looks like your OEM may have had an easy life (so far  :wink:) Greenman

Seems that way.

I don't drive it hard that often so hopefully the car will be ok for a good while yet and i won;t have to shell out any money for clutch etc.

It had full VW history when i bought it and has just over 80k now.

I look after it too - except maybe when i'm changing at 7k in all gears...;)

Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 12:54:24 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pointless with a k03! Don't think I've ever taken mine past 6k.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 02:55:44 pm »

[/quote]

Pointless with a k03! Don't think I've ever taken mine past 6k.
[/quote]

Mine seems to pull all the way to the redline now.

I change when the power starts dropping off tbh, probs not quite 7k.  I'm normally looking where i'm going and who might crash into me when i'm at those kind of revs...;)

JackL15

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 07:27:58 pm »
R-Tech got me 282bhp and 347 torque at stage 2. That's on an 07 GTi.
What mods were fitted?

Currently the main mods are an S3 intercooler, forge twintake and milltek turbo back exhaust. Have a loba fuel pump waiting to be fitted and a few little bits and pieces before its back for stage 2+.

The car is on 32k and DSG.
That's a strong engine. Should see past 290 with the pump, and a good dollop of torque of course.

Thanks, I'm hoping for a good result and R-Tech never disappoint. I will post the results when its done  :smiley:

JackL15

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »
R-Tech got me 282bhp and 347 torque at stage 2. That's on an 07 GTi.
What mods were fitted?

Currently the main mods are an S3 intercooler, forge twintake and milltek turbo back exhaust. Have a loba fuel pump waiting to be fitted and a few little bits and pieces before its back for stage 2+.

The car is on 32k and DSG.
Wow you got that power without the HPFP???  I'd be happy with 280 hp. Love those milltek systems  :happy2:

Sorry for the late reply, yes that's running the standard fuel pump. I have a loba fuel pump waiting to be fitted later this month. The milltek does sound lovely and brings out your inner child. I just wish work allowed me to drive it more, it was mot'd on the 1st June 2015 and has done around 700 miles since then and a big chunk of that was R-Tech.  :confused:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:35:02 pm by JackL15 »