Make a donation

Author Topic: Erisin head unit  (Read 7046 times)

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Erisin head unit
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 02:21:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure you will like it.

I got the 7900c and I love it.  Looks Oem and works like a charm, maps are freaking great for the money, although mines dated for 2011 and am tryin to look for an update, haven't had much luck,

I have the following attached
aux cable
Usb cable
Amplifier
Reverse camera

Offline ghuk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 01:04:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure you will like it.

I got the 7900c and I love it.  Looks Oem and works like a charm, maps are freaking great for the money, although mines dated for 2011 and am tryin to look for an update, haven't had much luck,

I have the following attached
aux cable
Usb cable
Amplifier
Reverse camera

Hey mate

I'm looking at this unit on EBay for my mk5 GTI. Think its the same one that you have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-SatNav-GPS-CD-for-VW-PASSAT-GOLF-MK5-6-T5-EOS-POLO-SKODA-JETTA-7900GBP-/181186539350?hash=item2a2f8f2f56:g:AKEAAOSwnipWVXp1

Was seriously considering the RNS510 but from what I can work out you have to buy a separate phone module + new canbus for an 05 GTI so it works out far more expensive.

I have a couple of questions for you:

1) How do you find the hands free side of things with calls? I'm just a little worried that it wont be clear for the other caller.

2) With regards to the sat nav does it give full 7 digit postcode entry? Also where did you place the antenna dongle? Was wondering about the reception as I see that certain users have stuck them inside the air vent.

3) Did you need to purchase any other cables? I listen to Talk Sport in the car quite a bit on AM frequency so wonder if its a case of purchasing a power antenna cable like I had to for my previous VW (Bora) 

Cheers
George     
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:52:22 pm by ghuk »
2005 Golf GTI Mk5

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 09:09:27 pm »
Hey,

1) Hands free works like a charm, it connects via bluetooth, I haven't had any issues nor had the other end say they had difficulty hearing me. Other than the fact the other end can tell that im driving.
what bothers me, is that the head unit name is "CAR-BT" by default and you cant change that. To add to the annoyance, the password is "0000", again you cant change. (not that I know off) These things dont affect its performance, just that I would have liked the option to personalise it.

2) Yes its a full 7 digit entry. Very comprehensive. For now, I have installed the antenna in the glove box, but will be moving it under the centre tray where the vents are. Will use double sided tape. Never had any connection/reception issues and have been using it for 3 months. Will have to see if the new location will provide same service, just am looking to hide the antenna.

3) No I didnt purchase any extra cables or harness to make the unit operational. My factory radio had two antennas inputs, however this Erisin one has only one, hence only plugged in one, I did test which one gave me better signal so that will vary for you. However there is a adapter out there which converts two into one. I cant seem to figure its name out to search it, but I know that it exists, seen it. After I had received the unit, I did message them back and asked for another harness be sent to me, as the one they sent, didn't have any cables for illumination. As thats needed for the LED's to work. That was a long process as it was sent from China.

Other than that. No extra cables were needed. Everything is supplied. I did however buy cables, but they were due to me wanting a OEM look for my switches near my tray.

Sorry cant seem to figure out a way to rotate the bloody pics.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 10:54:43 am »
Can you connect the oem aux and USB to theheadunit too?

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:18 pm »
I dont exactly know which ones you are referring to, but if they are the ones I have in the ash tray console.
Then yes, USB is simple plug and play. So is the AUX, unless you intend to use cables that come with the head unit, in that case you'll need to splice. That is what I have done, as I needed those cable to give me line out for my amp, and I cut and soldered the AUX cable on it. In other words, merged them to set of cables together.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Erisin head unit
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 06:29:14 pm »
Hi yes. The USB one by ashtray. When I look at the wires for the USB I can't see how they connect to the stereo? There are 2 USB ports and will use one for the iPod assuming that's what it's for and looking to the 2nd USB to the oem ashtray location so I can upload pics etc.

Also does yours bring up info the clocks?

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 06:52:43 pm »
Hi yes. The USB one by ashtray. When I look at the wires for the USB I can't see how they connect to the stereo? There are 2 USB ports and will use one for the iPod assuming that's what it's for and looking to the 2nd USB to the oem ashtray location so I can upload pics etc.

Also does yours bring up info the clocks?

Can you upload a picture of the back of your headunit, or provide the link of it?
Mine had 1 usb connection at the back and 1 separate ipod connection.
To my knowledge I dont think you can get the ipod connector type button on the ashtray.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Erisin head unit
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
I have 2 USB connectors in the back. You can use either to plug in your apple cable too. And the other I want to the ashtray with USB button that I can use to plug a USB stick to upload pics and poss watch movies and play music.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »
eBay item number. 272106334359

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »
ah,
in this case. I would assume/recommend you do some cutting and make your own cable.
You will have to buy 2 USB switches and acquire 2 usb cables(can be of anything).
Then you will have to cut the cable of the switch and the second cable.
From there, all you need to do is solder the cables and that should give you 2 switches that will plug straight in the unit.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Erisin head unit
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »
Sounds like a good idea. Surely the 2 VW USB switches are 2 female connections? So I can't  plug into back or am I missing something?

Offline kingraza27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 08:18:33 pm »

It comes like this.

And the yellow bit goes in the back of the head unit.

So if you were to chop that off and add a male USB connector. It will work for you.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 10:57:58 pm »
I think the 7900 has this as plug and play. I also bought the 7698 and actually want the 7900 as the menus look better in my opinion. Gonna see if they can exchange it or give me a refund.