Make a donation

Author Topic: Recommended tuning /remapping Manchester?  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Dan_77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Recommended tuning /remapping Manchester?
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:23:38 pm »
Has anyone on here had there car mapped or tuned in or around the Manchester area , looking to get my gti tuned ive seen awesome gti but they only do apr stage one which is just under £600, carhas just been serviced and had pre cat removed ,i'll be changing over the diverter valve this weekend so the car is in good mechanical order.

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
Re: Recommended tuning /remapping Manchester?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:34:45 pm »
Take the trip down to Hinckley, Leicestershire and pay R-tech a visit instead.
Probably 2 hours away from Manchester.

Offline Ricky123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98436.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 01:05:35 am »
Awesome gti used them for apr on my s3, there good but expensive.

R-tech performance as stated above, not used them myself but they always get great reviews. I'll go to them myself in the future but because there a couple of hours from us manc's then it's best to get all future mods you plan on doing fitted first so you don't have to go back for a map session after every upgrade.

V12 chip tuning in Trafford park, guy that owns it is called scott. He's decent enough, I've used him to map 2 diesel cars and a mate used him for his stage 2 mk5 gti. He doesn't do generic maps, there fully custom and written by him. He's recently had a rolling road fitted to. His maps are less than £200 and I haven't got a bad word to say about him.

Unicorn motor developments in Stockport, not heard much about them, they supposedly also do custom written maps and have a rolling road
56 mk5 ed30 3dr
57 mk5 1.9 TDi match
22 a3 s-line competition 45 tfsiE
09 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (road going track sl*g)

Offline Dan_77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:28:38 am »
Cheers for the reply's, r tech is a bit far for the reason stated above I don't fancy having to go back every time I change something on the car.
The v12 place just looks like another place that just flashes a file on and that's it , theres a lot of places doing maps for 200 quid, they are looking for agents
We have put together a comprehensive, affordable package to enable you to become a professional tuner on either a full or part time basis and without having to spend years learning ecu programming.You do not need any experience, We have taken away the mystery and hard work to enable almost anyone to remap and re chip cars and vans

There is http://www.car-service-manchester.co.uk/index.asp which I've heard a lot of good things about for mechanical side of things they offer same kind of service for similar price.

I'm going to enquire at unicorn they do Rolling road tuning: from £80/hr , more comfortable paying for a few hours getting my car tweaked then someone just connecting a lead and saying there you go mate 250 hp  http://www.unicornmotordevelopments.com/

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:31:34 am »
As above i would go to rtech but as an alternative...

I believe tdi north in warrington work with AMD and do maps for vag cars.

They are mainly honda mappers and probably the best in the country in the honda mapping.

Not sure how it all works with them and amd but all i can say the guys at TDI north are great and very knowledgable and wouldn't let you go away without the car running good.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:11:45 am by howie1987 »

Offline Ricky123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98436.0.html
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
I can assure you v12 isn't like you think but he does have agents that are franchised to him and buy generic maps from him but I guarantee you his maps are not generic. Give Scott a ring you won't be disappointed. Never judge a book by its cover.
56 mk5 ed30 3dr
57 mk5 1.9 TDi match
22 a3 s-line competition 45 tfsiE
09 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (road going track sl*g)

Offline The Wanderer

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
Autograph cars not far from Manchester custom maps