Make a donation

Author Topic: What Dump Valves Are People Using?  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
Re: What Dump Valves Are People Using?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »
I think Niki from Rtech has been reviewing the GFB DV recently. not sure of the outcome yet though

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 01:10:33 pm »
I think Niki from Rtech has been reviewing the GFB DV recently. not sure of the outcome yet though
He has detected fake GFB DV+. I still need to know if all genuine items work properly. I bought one genuine recently that I ordered from the official European online store and sold by SuperPro Deutschland. I should find out soon if it works well.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 02:22:42 pm »
Jesus, is there nothing that doesn't get faked these days?!  I wonder if my missus is fake  :grin:

Anyway, they appear to work well.  I don't really get the workings of it if I'm honest but I've tried the original cheese one, rev D, rev G and the GFB DV+.   The GFB definitely feels the more responsive off boost and holds boost the best, which lets face it, is the main reason we replace them because the rubber OEM ones can't handle aftermarket boost pressures.

Regarding R Tech testing DVs, didn't they mention the spring in the Rev G isn't strong enough for high boost, or something?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 04:15:22 pm »

Regarding R Tech testing DVs, didn't they mention the spring in the Rev G isn't strong enough for high boost, or something?

If R-Tech have said that are they referring specifically to Ko4's? Because I was asked to remove my Forge DV  prior to going to see them on the 23rd of March and replace with the Rev G. Having done that, I can feel that the Rev G helps boost lower down by around 200-300rpm, but for sure it's flatter across the entire rev range than the Forge DV and it's very noticeable. I used to spike at around 21. 5psi, hold at 18psi and taper off to around 13/14psi, but now I'm sure I'm not getting above 20psi and it seems to taper off more significantly too. I'm intrigued to see what happens come Wednesday.
R-Tech Map/ Longlife TBE w/200 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Loba HPFP / Forge Twin FMIC / Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / Neuspeed Power Pulley / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Super-Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »
Revision G on my 6R, Ran the same on my Edition 30.

Both made very healthy figures at R-Tech both pre and post a Stage 1 map.