Make a donation

Author Topic: Bugger - Crashed the GTI on sunday!  (Read 37779 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Bugger - Crashed the GTI on sunday!
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2016, 02:20:13 pm »
I can see both of your points but I think your both taking your arguments to the extreme examples when really in everyday driving what youre suggesting isn’t the case

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2016, 02:54:10 pm »

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2016, 03:05:00 pm »

Next time you break the speed limit, think again about the post above.

Do you never drive your car fast on the road then?

I do drive fast. But I don't spin and end up in a barrier at the side of the road! And certainly not in cold wet conditions or if I've just changed suspension components on my car and my alignment is way off or that the car may handle different!
I guarantee if you had your ESP enabled you wouldn't have crashed. But for some reason people think that it "gets in the way" when if you are driving on the road it absolutely doesn't. Tbh last trackday I did in the wet at Mallory it didn't bother me at all.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »

Next time you break the speed limit, think again about the post above.

Do you never drive your car fast on the road then?

I do drive fast. But I don't spin and end up in a barrier at the side of the road! And certainly not in cold wet conditions or if I've just changed suspension components on my car and my alignment is way off or that the car may handle different!
I guarantee if you had your ESP enabled you wouldn't have crashed. But for some reason people think that it "gets in the way" when if you are driving on the road it absolutely doesn't. Tbh last trackday I did in the wet at Mallory it didn't bother me at all.

Yet!

I could of said that same thing to you a few weeks ago if i didn't crash.

I hadn't had an accident until that day over my 18 years of driving.

I agree that if the ESP had of been on i might of been ok, but it wasn't and that's that.  I will continue to drive with it off in the right conditions as that is how i like to enjoy the car.

I think we need to agree to disagree before we start calling each other names and someone finds an even bigger bag of popcorn!
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »
I can see both sides of arguments. But it is very frustrating when people turn esp off and try making out they're Lewis Hamilton

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:31 pm »
I can see both sides of arguments. But it is very frustrating when people turn esp off and try making out they're Lewis Hamilton

Well i'm quite obviously not, as i spanked it into the central reservation...:(
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:00 pm »

Well i'm quite obviously not, as i spanked it into the central reservation...:(

Atleast your man enough to say hey I messed up lol. And even Lewis bins his cars ;)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:30 pm »
I doubt esp would help if you're sliding across as I've realised.
It's happened and you were honest enough to tell a forum you cocked up so time to stop all the slanging and breath people  :drinking:

That's a huge pop corn sack :signLOL:

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2016, 03:08:53 am »
I am enjoying the fact that this thread has grumbled on for soooooooooooooo long it has entertained me greatly. Op peeps are sensitive be careful what you post and xjay don't get ur knickers in a twist over things that are beyond your power to control, if op wants to crash that's his choice. But a massive round of applause to hedge, sir I must bow down to your bag for all I had to offer was this,  :popcornsoda: loving ur work.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:11:05 am by Washout »

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2016, 06:25:55 am »
Jesus H Christ how long is this thread and not one picture of the damaged car  :party:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2016, 10:29:38 am »
I am enjoying the fact that this thread has grumbled on for soooooooooooooo long it has entertained me greatly. Op peeps are sensitive be careful what you post and xjay don't get ur knickers in a twist over things that are beyond your power to control, if op wants to crash that's his choice. But a massive round of applause to hedge, sir I must bow down to your bag for all I had to offer was this,  :popcornsoda: loving ur work.  :happy2:
I thought it was a bag full of weed first lol

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2016, 10:34:26 am »
Jesus H Christ how long is this thread and not one picture of the damaged car  :party:

:popcornsoda:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2016, 12:46:04 pm »
:signLOL: good point

Offline oisinc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15:51 pm »

So did I! lol
Puff Puff Pass :D

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »

So did I! lol
Puff Puff Pass :D
Who said anything about passing   :P