Make a donation

Author Topic: No modding.  (Read 11821 times)

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
No modding.
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:29:10 pm »
I've been mulling over changing this and that on the car. Intake pipes . Head unit. Decats, Precats, etc etc. And I've came to the conclusion that I'm happy with my car the way it sits. Lock STOCK and two smoking exhausts !! Fast enough for me. Handles enough for me , pleasure to drive, pleasure to look at. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe it's an age thing!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
Re: No modding.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »
I've been mulling over changing this and that on the car. Intake pipes . Head unit. Decats, Precats, etc etc. And I've came to the conclusion that I'm happy with my car the way it sits. Lock STOCK and two smoking exhausts !! Fast enough for me. Handles enough for me , pleasure to drive, pleasure to look at. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe it's an age thing!

I think to keep up that commitment you need to disable any VW forum accounts you have and do not in any circumstances look at another members golf if you see it on the road  :grin:

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »

I think to keep up that commitment you need to disable any VW forum accounts you have and do not in any circumstances look at another members golf if you see it on the road  :grin:
Don't get me wrong mate!! I'm happy for other members to mod and that. In fact some of the cars on here are amazing.stunning in fact. But I'm just happy to leave mine as it is.

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:41:00 pm »
I'll put the question out to other members. Because I'm certain there are people who love their motors as they are. ??

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »
I'll put the question out to other members. Because I'm certain there are people who love their motors as they are. ??

I agree with you, when I got my ED30 it was a pleasure to drive and look at before I even touched it. And to date I have not really modded it that much to be honest as I believe you will only buy a car if you like it as standard. Then the only reason you mod is to change the little bits you could make better. I am changing my rear to an R32 but the rest cosmetic wise is staying the same.

After all we are not Vauxhall or Ford owners where we need to heavily mode cosmetically to make it look at the very best decent  :happy2:

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »

I agree with you, when I got my ED30 it was a pleasure to drive and look at before I even touched it. And to date I have not really modded it that much to be honest as I believe you will only buy a car if you like it as standard. Then the only reason you mod is to change the little bits you could make better. I am changing my rear to an R32 but the rest cosmetic wise is staying the same.

After all we are not Vauxhall or Ford owners where we need to heavily mode cosmetically to make it look at the very best decent  :happy2:
That's the truth mate. !! :happy
I drove a Vauxhall Astra and it was by far the worst car I've owned. Saved for 8 years to buy the car I have now.  Outright. And by God I love it.

Offline dronners

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »
i think i would of enjoyed my car standard. but once a modder always a modder in this case

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 07:02:42 pm »

I drove a Vauxhall Astra and it was by far the worst car I've owned. Saved for 8 years to buy the car I have now.  Outright. And by God I love it.

Yeah I had one as a company car a few years back and god almighty awful cars. There are quite a few bits I want to do to my car but can say even when I drive it to the shop I get a buzz in it.

If I drove an MK7 R I may be converted but at the moment I drive the MK5 out of choice and not budget  :drool:

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »

Yeah I had one as a company car a few years back and god almighty awful cars. There are quite a few bits I want to do to my car but can say even when I drive it to the shop I get a buzz in it.

If I drove an MK7 R I may be converted but at the moment I drive the MK5 out of choice and not budget  :drool:
[/quote
And if there's things you want to change mate, hell go for it!! In a year I'm going to go for the mk 7 performance pack GTI. Something about 2 yr old. But I'll be putting my mkv in the garage for my oldest daughter when she's ready. Got offered £3000 as trade in price from some t*t in Charles Hurst.

Offline Phatvalver

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:32 pm »
i think i would of enjoyed my car standard. but once a modder always a modder in this case
This is every bit true!!
Im of an age now where i thought im done with modding, so bought myself a well factory spec'd mk5 gti and thought i was happy :smiley:
Well im wrong... Ive had it all of 3 months and ive spent a wedge haha
Will be on the phone to aks in the morning too for my complete helix clutch and flywheel kit ready for my stage 2 at r-tech :jumping:

You know you got that itch somewhere and an itch has to be scratched :drinking:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »

[/quote
And if there's things you want to change mate, hell go for it!! In a year I'm going to go for the mk 7 performance pack GTI. Something about 2 yr old. But I'll be putting my mkv in the garage for my oldest daughter when she's ready. Got offered £3000 as trade in price from some t*t in Charles Hurst.

haha yes each to their own.

My plan is to eventually upgrade but my plan is not to sell the ED30 and keep as my weekend car but I love it so much I am not sure I would have the willpower to leave it alone most of the week  :scared:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »
Modding can be an expensive ay to go and other issues occur after modding but you got to love it or lump it  :signLOL:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »
Modding can be an expensive ay to go and other issues occur after modding but you got to love it or lump it  :signLOL:

I agree and modding is your own preference as i know, the stick I got for suggesting I may change my factory xenons for some Angel Eyes was brutal haha

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »

I agree and modding is your own preference as i know, the stick I got for suggesting I may change my factory xenons for some Angel Eyes was brutal haha
Is it a bmw  :signLOL: :rolleye:

Agsin each to their own and how they want to modify a car is no one else's business although you'll get critics of good and bad.

MPS

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 08:23:03 pm »

Yes but stage 1 is sooooo good!