Make a donation

Author Topic: No modding.  (Read 11814 times)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: No modding.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
I've been mulling over changing this and that on the car. Intake pipes . Head unit. Decats, Precats, etc etc. And I've came to the conclusion that I'm happy with my car the way it sits. Lock STOCK and two smoking exhausts !! Fast enough for me. Handles enough for me , pleasure to drive, pleasure to look at. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe it's an age thing!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think to keep up that commitment you need to disable any VW forum accounts you have and do not in any circumstances look at another members golf if you see it on the road  :grin:

:signLOL: that's the only action to take! When I bought my GTI I also wanted to do no changes. But seeing what others have done to their cars on this forum and how well they look eventually got to me and I had to make tweaks to my car. I'm always tempted now to do things when I see things on here and how well they turn out. Must admit though he mk5 GTI is probably the best car I've owned and ticks all the boxes of what I need from a car. Sure it has some minor niggles (don't they all) but once the usual bits are out the way (PCV, DV etc) then it's really a fun car to drive.

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 03:54:29 pm »
I've been mulling over changing this and that on the car. Intake pipes . Head unit. Decats, Precats, etc etc. And I've came to the conclusion that I'm happy with my car the way it sits. Lock STOCK and two smoking exhausts !! Fast enough for me. Handles enough for me , pleasure to drive, pleasure to look at. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe it's an age thing!

How long have you owned it?

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »
You can always improve though. Just whether you want to spend the money
my dad has an octavia vrs
within 3 months of owning it he changed the new tyres that the dealer put on (some wanky ditchyfinders) to michelin ps3
alex put a revo map on it and did h&r springs, superpro alk and wishbone bushes, superpro ball joints , fitted my old scirocco wheels after having them refurbed in anthracite (his octy is red) and just last month got some r32 brakes for it.

He's 63.

He also accompanied me on my end of season trackday last year and enjoyed ragging my scirocco about.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »
63   :congrats: :driver:

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:45 pm »

You can always improve though. Just whether you want to spend the money
my dad has an octavia vrs
within 3 months of owning it he changed the new tyres that the dealer put on (some wanky ditchyfinders) to michelin ps3
alex put a revo map on it and did h&r springs, superpro alk and wishbone bushes, superpro ball joints , fitted my old scirocco wheels after having them refurbed in anthracite (his octy is red) and just last month got some r32 brakes for it.

He's 63.

He also accompanied me on my end of season trackday last year and enjoyed ragging my scirocco about.
Nice subtle changes to the octavia. :driver

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 04:43:10 pm »

How long have you owned it?
[/quote
I've had the car since July 2015. Only really changed window switches and door handles. That's it

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 04:45:17 pm »
Nice subtle changes to the octavia. :driver:

Cheers
Not telling you what to do but there's no reason why you wouldn't do similar to your car.
It can ONLY make it better in every way for not much money let's be honest.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:00 pm »
From what I've seen on this forum, the vast majority of cars are tastefully done. And by far the most common mods are those that improve power or handling. Mods that have a bit of logic behind them.

However, in other corners of the enthusiast scene, you'll always get the type of cars and the type of owners that mod for the sake of modding and end up making an abomination of the car they started with. I won't name a particular marque, but I'm sure you follow me.

For some it's more JDM tea tray spoilers and chopped springs than hybrid turbos and anti lift kits.

I've yet to see a 'bad' car on this forum. It's nice to know you're in good company.

Of course the mk5 GTI is a great all round car as it is, so keeping one bone stock and clean is just as commendable as modifying one tastefully.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 07:10:40 pm »
From what I've seen on this forum, the vast majority of cars are tastefully done. And by far the most common mods are those that improve power or handling. Mods that have a bit of logic behind them.

However, in other corners of the enthusiast scene, you'll always get the type of cars and the type of owners that mod for the sake of modding and end up making an abomination of the car they started with. I won't name a particular marque, but I'm sure you follow me.

For some it's more JDM tea tray spoilers and chopped springs than hybrid turbos and anti lift kits.

I've yet to see a 'bad' car on this forum. It's nice to know you're in good company.

Of course the mk5 GTI is a great all round car as it is, so keeping one bone stock and clean is just as commendable as modifying one tastefully.

Have to agree with this yet to see a ruined car on here! All done tastefully and properly no expense spared. Quick look ok Facebook if you want to see what chavs have done to the mk5 now they have become more affordable! They are becoming the new mk4 lol.

Seriously though I get in some mk5s at work. Just old basic models or ones that have been ragged and ruined and just generally never been looked after. And I just think how is this the same model as my ed30 lol

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »
It starts with interior LED bulbs............
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 07:25:54 pm »
You didn't see what I saw on Sunday trip to asda Canary Wharf  :signLOL:

Red stripes over the centre of the bumper bonnet and rear with red bit on the nember plate surround and it was ghastly :stupid:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2016, 08:01:17 pm »
It starts with interior LED bulbs............
I havnt done them yet tbh! Been in my eBay watch lost for 6 months. They don't make the car faster so I'm not convinced I should spend my money haha