Make a donation

Author Topic: Miss fire / engine management light !!  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Markis236

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • If in dout boost it out !
    • Email
  • My Ride: Mk5 golf gti (ko3) mods. Audi s3 8p intercooler,psi tuning 2.5' throttle pipe,updated diverted valve,revo oil catch can
Miss fire / engine management light !!
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
Ok guy this is my first post on the forum since I joined and unfortunately it's a problem !

So I got my self a mk5 golf gti (200ps) so the problem is I was driving home from work today and the car basically shat it's self ! Basically what I mean is it's now miss firing like f*ck ! Feels like the car is running on 2 cylinders with the engine management light flashing ! Pulled over and done some checked (oil and water) and I have no idear what the problem is ? I doe a coilpack recall on Friday but because I can't drive the car to vw they say I can't get the coilpacks unless a vw engineer fits them for warranty reasons ? I was wondering if anything else can cous this done some reading and it could be a few things #1 coilpacks #2 carbon deposits on inlet valves #3 bad plunges (changed 2000 miles ago) or #4 carbon deposits on the injector ? If any one else has had symptoms like this any info do would be great :)

Thanks Mark.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Miss fire / engine management light !!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:40:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum,Sounds like coil packs what you described,if your in the aa etc get them to recover it

Offline Markis236

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: Mk5 golf gti (ko3) mods. Audi s3 8p intercooler,psi tuning 2.5' throttle pipe,updated diverted valve,revo oil catch can
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 08:07:09 pm »
Thanks for the replay bud phoned a friend with a fault code reader going to find which cylinder is misfiring and try switch the coilpacks around and pray it's just a coil down miss my baby all ready haha

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 10:49:30 pm »
Had a similar issue and after replacing coil packs and spark plugs turned out was a injector on cylinder 2 missfire.

Offline Markis236

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:49:22 am »
Was luck it is clylender 4 coil down swapped it with 2 and it's now number 2 down so it's just a coil haha it's trying to get the car to vw on Friday for the coilpack recall its booked in for haha :signLOL:

anorganix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 07:45:09 am »
If I were you, when changing the coils I'd also change the spark plugs.
A set of NGK BKR7EIX go for about £30.