Make a donation

Author Topic: Blowing exhaust and engine management light has came on  (Read 4467 times)

Offline topdawg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Blowing exhaust and engine management light has came on
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:02:54 am »
Hi, i had a hole in my miltek flexi at the bottom of the downpipe, got it booked in the garage with no lights on the dash, got the car back today all fixed and on the drive back engine management light has came on, i was half expecting it to come on while i drove the car with the hole in the exhaust, but now that its fixed the light has came on, any suggestions ? can i reset it myself or it could be unrelated? any advice welcome thanks,

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Blowing exhaust and engine management light has came on
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:08:08 am »
scan the car for the fault qnd reset the light

Offline topdawg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:04:36 am »
scan the car for the fault qnd reset the light

Cheers!

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 10:19:03 am »
Could well be due to the hole in the exhaust, as the emissions light does take time to come on. Could also be a damaged Lambda if they didn't remove/disconnect it first etc.

Scan of the codes is the only way to see what the cause is, as it could well be totally unrelated.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline topdawg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:40:11 am »
Could well be due to the hole in the exhaust, as the emissions light does take time to come on. Could also be a damaged Lambda if they didn't remove/disconnect it first etc.

Scan of the codes is the only way to see what the cause is, as it could well be totally unrelated.

Yes i guess it could be unrelated but seems a coincidense that it came on on the short drive home from getting it fixed, anyway like you guys said scan with vagcom next, i messaged the garage and they said their vagcom is playing up and "We don't use vag com at the moment as our cable has decided to play up. If the exhaust isn't on the map and it's got decat it wouldn't usually just go away if reset
Some people space the sensor to give false reading to take the Light off" - to which i replied is has a sports cat, and also the car was mapped with thte exhaust on :s

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:38:07 am »

Yes i guess it could be unrelated but seems a coincidense that it came on on the short drive home from getting it fixed, anyway like you guys said scan with vagcom next, i messaged the garage and they said their vagcom is playing up and "We don't use vag com at the moment as our cable has decided to play up. If the exhaust isn't on the map and it's got decat it wouldn't usually just go away if reset
Some people space the sensor to give false reading to take the Light off" - to which i replied is has a sports cat, and also the car was mapped with thte exhaust on :s

Mapped by who? There's a big difference between being mapped for a de-cat, and having it remapped after fitting a sports cat..... If you had a sports car fitted its likely that the mapping that monitors the cat efficiency wasn't changed.... Their efficiency does degrade with time

Wait until you get the codes read, then clear them, and see how it goes
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline topdawg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:06:28 pm »

Mapped by who? There's a big difference between being mapped for a de-cat, and having it remapped after fitting a sports cat..... If you had a sports car fitted its likely that the mapping that monitors the cat efficiency wasn't changed.... Their efficiency does degrade with time

Wait until you get the codes read, then clear them, and see how it goes

Revo stage 2 mate, thanks for the info!