Make a donation

Author Topic: My cars still running lumpy and low MPG - damaged MAF? Now no turbo!?  (Read 8915 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: My cars still running lumpy and low MPG - damaged MAF? Now no turbo!?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:33 am »
So anything that could cause the turbo to just stop working like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Aas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »
Worn cam follower caused that on mine

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:21 pm »
Worn cam follower caused that on mine
So it could be causing the hpfp to cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 10:27:57 am »
anyone else have any ideas?

drove perfectly on the way home last night so not a clue what was up with it saturday night.

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »
I experienced a similar situation on a previous map - crusing on motorway in 6th, went to boot it and nothing happened. No warning light or fault codes. After approx 10-15 seconds of rolling, the boost would return.

This happened a few times, but only on motorway and only under full load at approx 3k rpm.

Went to a JKM rollling road day, and had a graph that looked like a rollercoaster - up nicely to 3k, then dropped slightly and then continued up to the redline. Peak power, it actually made more than a Revo stage 1 car on the day, but mid-range (mid-dip) i was down approx 35bhp.

JKM looked at the car, and the map was requesting more fuel than the HPFP could deliver, causing fuel cuts, but oddly with no faults logged. I changed maps and now also run an APR HPFP & all is good.

I am not stating or implying that your R-tech map is causing your problem, but in my case, my fuel pump was weak & couldn't meet the demand of the map (which was not an R-tech map). I'd speak to Nick when you're up there this week.

Do you know when your cam follower was last changed? if not, as others have stated, it could be an idea to change it.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 12:57:37 pm »
I experienced a similar situation on a previous map - crusing on motorway in 6th, went to boot it and nothing happened. No warning light or fault codes. After approx 10-15 seconds of rolling, the boost would return.

This happened a few times, but only on motorway and only under full load at approx 3k rpm.

Went to a JKM rollling road day, and had a graph that looked like a rollercoaster - up nicely to 3k, then dropped slightly and then continued up to the redline. Peak power, it actually made more than a Revo stage 1 car on the day, but mid-range (mid-dip) i was down approx 35bhp.

JKM looked at the car, and the map was requesting more fuel than the HPFP could deliver, causing fuel cuts, but oddly with no faults logged. I changed maps and now also run an APR HPFP & all is good.

I am not stating or implying that your R-tech map is causing your problem, but in my case, my fuel pump was weak & couldn't meet the demand of the map (which was not an R-tech map). I'd speak to Nick when you're up there this week.

Do you know when your cam follower was last changed? if not, as others have stated, it could be an idea to change it.

Thanks.

I doubt the cam follower has ever been changed.

The previous time it happened was before the R-Tech map so its not just their map.

This was also while cruising at 80mph on the M25 and then put my foot down and no turbo but it did accelerate SLOWLY!

Offline gtijimmy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »
did you find out what was causing the turbo to stop working ? as im having the same problem at the minute !!