Make a donation

Author Topic: Where are all the good GTI's?  (Read 10869 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Where are all the good GTI's?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »
I paid £6800 for my totally stock gti in silver, 59K, service history plus I got the dealer to do a 60K service, cam belt & new fan & new air con compression& re gas. I thought it was expensive when I bought it, but my mate who owns a garage took it for an inspection, got it on the ramp & said it all looks good as new. So far it's been ok. :driver:
I guess that's a good price as I paid similar for mine and it does sound mint  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2016, 03:00:17 pm »
I picked up my 2007 GTi on 26k for £7,900 in November 2014. I thought this was a pretty good price. Its DSG with the leather chairs and some good options and came with full service history from VW. Inside was mint but all the wheels needed doing and the bodywork had a fair few dings as it had spent its life in Notting Hill.
Very low miles on her hey? shame about the dings but for that sort of mileage it can't be all bad. Remeber to give her a blast down the motorway once a week or your cylinder head will get cocked up with gum and cauar random misfiring on idle.
2014 January I was looking for one no more than a 7k budget and that's why I have mine 5door black leather 18 inch monza service history new tyres although budget Avon and some other brand not coming to my head lol no cruise control or xenons so I've added those in to compliment the rest although xenons are aftermarket but who cares as they do look good.  :grin:
wanted sat nav system but couldn't find any with this spec although one was in Glasgow under 5k but didnt have leather seats and that was way too far to travel anyway.

JackL15

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 06:40:57 pm »
I picked up my 2007 GTi on 26k for £7,900 in November 2014. I thought this was a pretty good price. Its DSG with the leather chairs and some good options and came with full service history from VW. Inside was mint but all the wheels needed doing and the bodywork had a fair few dings as it had spent its life in Notting Hill.
Very low miles on her hey? shame about the dings but for that sort of mileage it can't be all bad. Remeber to give her a blast down the motorway once a week or your cylinder head will get cocked up with gum and cauar random misfiring on idle.
2014 January I was looking for one no more than a 7k budget and that's why I have mine 5door black leather 18 inch monza service history new tyres although budget Avon and some other brand not coming to my head lol no cruise control or xenons so I've added those in to compliment the rest although xenons are aftermarket but who cares as they do look good.  :grin:
wanted sat nav system but couldn't find any with this spec although one was in Glasgow under 5k but didnt have leather seats and that was way too far to travel anyway.

Up to 32k now, I had all the bodywork and wheels done and it looks brand new :)
It doesn't get driven for weeks on end but is always in a garage or covered up. Haven't had any issues yet fingers crossed but it certainly needs a good run. I got the sat nav, cruise control and six cd thingy but didn't get xenons.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »

Up to 32k now, I had all the bodywork and wheels done and it looks brand new :)
It doesn't get driven for weeks on end but is always in a garage or covered up. Haven't had any issues yet fingers crossed but it certainly needs a good run. I got the sat nav, cruise control and six cd thingy but didn't get xenons.
Gosh you're neglecting her already  :signLOL: Luckt for her always dressed up with no where to go  :wink:
Glad you've sorted out the body work as the first thing I notice are any little marks and if a bird poos on her then I have to use wipes to get it off as their poo is acidic and damages the paint work. dirty feckers. 32k my gosh she's barely had any fun in her life  :laugh:

JackL15

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 08:08:02 am »

Gosh you're neglecting her already  :signLOL: Luckt for her always dressed up with no where to go  :wink:
Glad you've sorted out the body work as the first thing I notice are any little marks and if a bird poos on her then I have to use wipes to get it off as their poo is acidic and damages the paint work. dirty feckers. 32k my gosh she's barely had any fun in her life  :laugh:

It's also stage 2 all set up for a stage 2 + plus map. Your making me feel guilty!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2016, 12:13:43 pm »

It's also stage 2 all set up for a stage 2 + plus map. Your making me feel guilty!
She deserves a gift and I think that stage two map would really cut the cake :signLOL: