Make a donation

Author Topic: Boot pop, will it work ?  (Read 692 times)

Offline Steve in crete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Boot pop, will it work ?
« on: May 23, 2016, 05:20:38 pm »
Hi guys,
Bought all the bits back from the UK to do the mod and the first thing I try and do I can't !
The mod I have seen shows a bracket, which has the ball mounted to it, on the body end of the strut being reversed, I have no bracket just a ball as in the hatch end ?
I have the new ball pins off the Seat and assumed they would have to go on the hatch end but now they could be fitted either end ?
Read a couple of past posts about not working too well at best especially in the cold, that's about the only issue I am not going to have it seems !
Steve

4ndy

Re: Boot pop, will it work ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:39:51 pm »
Is this yours

Offline Steve in crete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Boot pop, will it work ?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »
Hi 4ndy,
Yes I have the same fitting on the tailgate, the bracket I do not have is the one on the body which in the mod. description I read showed a black bracket with two fixings and a ball, welded in place.
The suggestion was that the bracket was not symmetrical around the screws and by rotating 180 deg changed its position / operation.
The ball fitting on to the body is very similar to the Seat ones I have just bought so that confirms in my mind the new ones go on the tailgate to replace the ones in your picture ?
All 'cos I am too idle to lift the hatch !
Steve