Make a donation

Author Topic: Speakers missing?  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Speakers missing?
« on: February 07, 2016, 09:12:03 am »
I thought the GTI was a top spec golf? So not sure how many speakers mine (a basic model) should have as standard? 10? Less?
Anyway one thing is clear.
There not there!
Never noticed til now, previous owner has removed them, & now there are just holes in the rear doors! :stupid:

So how many should I have? In a standard car?
What would be an ideal drop in upgrade, without getting into wiring & component type setups?

Offline Beddie

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: Speakers missing?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 09:28:15 am »
10 speakers as standard for the early GTis (up to late 2005 iirc), then dropped to 8 as standard unless the soundpack was optioned  :smiley:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline An0NyMOUs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
  • A Nuisance
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 09:47:45 am »
All the wires should be there, even if there aren't speakers in the rear. You can get Pioneer, Infinity etc. quite cheap on eBay. Would be better than VW's soundpack too
2.0 FSI 4motion

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 12:02:39 pm »
Why do you want rear speakers?

If you're going to spend money on the audio, you'll get better sound by swapping in a headunit with decent amplification. Better yet, add a dedicated amp just powering the front speakers. One step further, add a sub.

If you go the amp route, you can get away with not even swapping the headunit.

In my old mk4 Gti, I kept the standard HU (afterall its just an input to the amp and is no longer doing any heavy lifting), sound deadened the interior, added 2x Genesis amplifiers, and a JL 10" sub. Amps and sub hidden under a false floor (with a custom made VW logo aluminium grill cover). The sound was pretty damn good in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 01:01:46 pm »
Rear speaker give surround sound and any missing beats or tones from your music cd dvd radio etc.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 01:17:56 pm »
Well really, I'd like to know if there meant to be there!
Just curious that's all, I agree I'll possible upgraded to pioneer front & rear, still not sure on a head unit, just removed my erisin 9015 as it died after 1 day, now need a refund from them before I buy again.

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
Speakers missing?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:19:52 pm »
Anyone know if the Hertz HSK 163s are any good? Thinking of replacing my front door speakers with them!
Edit: and to answer the above, the previous owner probably took the rears out to concentrate on the fronts and maybe amp them? Maybe you have upgraded fronts
If he left them in or he could have put old
Speakers back in when he sold car. It's true the sound stage is meant to come from in front you so you don't need rears if you are serious about sound setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:33:47 pm by loop »
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »
Just bought a Dynavin N6 HU so I'll need to get this either sorted with stock speakers (how many are meant to be in the rear?) or an upgrade pack I really do t want to get involved in complicated wiring I'd like to upgrade but keep it stock-ish if you see what I mean, so I currently just have 6 speakers, all up front, what sizes are meant to be in the rear?
Ta, Jim.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 08:31:39 pm »
I disconnected my rear speakers as am running a amp and sub,you wouldn't hear the rear speaker and you don't loose quality in the sound if set up right

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »
Trust me when I say you need your four way siz way system as the sounds are missed if all speakers aren't there @maxitrol I've had many set ups of all sorts and certain music I have don't fill the extra beats and sounds if missing.  :happy2:

I have a £900 Alpine DHL digital harmonic enhancer with integrated CD sitting in the cupboard for extra quality too so been there done everything with sound.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 08:52:17 pm »
Suppose each to thier own but i know in my System i don't miss the back 2 speakers and i wish i knew sooner as i would of saved £600 :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 08:59:29 pm »
Lol you don't listen to the right tunes man. I'm into all sorts of house, house and garage, break beats, drum and bass and even classic pop rock too.  :grin: must have missed some genre  :signLOL:

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »
I can't stand the poor sound quality in the car, but just now, I can't afford to change the head unit and speakers, so I drive the car with the stereo off pretty much 99% of the time!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 09:10:53 pm »
Only listen to hard house and hard dance with a lot of bass that shakes the interior mirror

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »
Mine doesn't sound great but it does the job for now. may even upgrade to my old school alpine double head units and that will make the speakers come to life  :grin: :jumpmove: