Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Tail happy after fitting Eibach Sportlines.  (Read 6716 times)

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Car Tail happy after fitting Eibach Sportlines.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »
Or just you know, slow down.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
Or just you know, slow down.

I'm driving about 20mph everywhere now, mainly because some fool in red trousers (mayor) has turned most of Bristol into 20mph zones, but also because i'm paranoid to f*ck about loosing it again...;)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 11:01:46 pm »
well at least your fuel consumption will be at its very minimum  :signLOL:

I was travelling to another end of London on a help out forum member with his dsg locking a few weeks back and everywhere was 20mph even on wide roads ffs  :stupid:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 12:42:26 am »
Any updates

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 02:40:47 pm »
Any updates

Got the rear tyres replaced with some GY AS 3's and it's so much better now.

Have taken corners slowly at first and have built up to faster speeds and it seems fine, in the wet and dry.

Though i am now mega paranoid with the back end, so i'm not pushing it to it's limits, which tbh, is a good thing really.

So yeah happy bunny now, thanks for asking...:)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 03:07:25 pm »
Not a dig at you personally, but so many people underestimate the difference a good set of tyres can make, especially when they differ between the axles....

One of the reasons they always tell you to put the new and presumably grippier (Is that even a word? :signLOL:) tyres on the rear to avoid it snapping as it did to you. Matched set of 4 is the way forward  :happy2:

That and the Goodyear Eagles are a cracking tyre no matter what @Rich83 says  :wink: :signLOL:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 03:31:57 pm »
Mine stepped out a couple of weeks ago, on a wet roundabout (approx. 15mph) I've been round every day for 12 years.

Car has Eagle Assy 2s all round.

Car had a health check at VW today whilst in for service and the dampers and springs are fine.

Therefore I can only deduce it was diesel + wet + <8 deg C (where all summer tyres are sh1t) that caused it!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:55 pm »
Not a dig at you personally, but so many people underestimate the difference a good set of tyres can make, especially when they differ between the axles....

One of the reasons they always tell you to put the new and presumably grippier (Is that even a word? :signLOL:) tyres on the rear to avoid it snapping as it did to you. Matched set of 4 is the way forward  :happy2:

That and the Goodyear Eagles are a cracking tyre no matter what @Rich83 says  :wink: :signLOL:

If i realised just how worn my rears were i would of replaced all four.  I should of spent more time checking the ware.

Agree about the GY EF1's, i had them on the scooby back in the day and they totally transformed the handling of the car.

I had toyo's on there before and they were sh*t.  Just so happens i had eibachs on the that car too.