Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek Res TBE query  (Read 3542 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Milltek Res TBE query
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »

I take it you are running Non res?

....Yes and no!

I'm running a custom Milltek: Very shallow back box like VWR's with hardly anything in it and therefore a minimal box around the centre section (normally called a Resonated version if this section has a box). The result is about the loudness of a Non-resonated system. All TBE and with ceramic coated tailpipes.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »
I'm based just outside Bognor Regis if you want a passnger ride in a resonated system.

I have 3 kids and the resonated is perfect for me, enough noise to sound sporty, but not too much to get on your tits. Had it on for 8000 miles and love it.  It is about my fourth milltek exhaust on various cars(I am a milltek dealer if you want a good price) and I've always gone resonated, bar the RS4, but I changed that after two days as it was too loud, resonated just works better for my situation. If I was youngr, no kids etc, no doubt I've have the non-res. 

I would strongly recommend you have a ride with both systems before you buy.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »
i got the resonated cat back with the intetion of getting the downpipe / cat now BUT i spoke to milltek today and they say fitting the cat/down pipe with out a re map can give me problems !!! it dont say that on milltek web site !!! :confused: :confused:
imo the resonated is too quiet for the sports driver , may have to get non res section and milltek can stick the cat up there **%$ !!!!!!!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 08:39:51 pm »
Didn't you already run a thread on the dowpipe????  Im sure I'd mentioned it may need a map. Well worth doing as on an S3 you're looking at 330bhp plus!  What a weapon, and the doenpipe and cat helps the turbo spool up quicker!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 08:45:05 pm »
yes i did but wanted to speak to milltek to see if they had any answer tbh i was nt impressed with them today , i know people have new year blues but got the impression they could nt be bothered !!!!!!!
i m only going stage 1 custom code to about 310 bhp just wanted the cat / down pipe for stainless more than any thing

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 09:06:11 pm »
You'll be fine then, just get the map done first.  I'm sure my stage 1 map was never tweaked for my full TBE.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 09:19:49 pm »
yes might have to , just when i had the ed 30 had all done in 1 hit so never felt the benefit of each bit , this time want to feel if there was any gains in each part  :happy2: