Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 Exhaust  (Read 29370 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: R32 Exhaust
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »

What about if some one crashes into the back of you without a crash bar?  Does it affect anything?

[/quote]

:grin: :grin: made me laugh,

from what i understand its for protecting people in the back incase of an accident,  but i have no rear seats
[/quote]

risky territory insurance wise should you have and accident, but then again if you do get rear ended it wont be your fault so your insurance company ideally shouldnt care.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2010, 02:29:40 pm »

risky territory insurance wise should you have and accident, but then again if you do get rear ended it wont be your fault so your insurance company ideally shouldnt care.

unless you go backwards into a lamppost  :wink:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2010, 03:26:13 pm »
good idea joe---- now why didnt i think of that!! DER!! :ashamed:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »
Ive just been reading more reviews on powerflow. Some say that they just change the back pressure to make to exhaust sound different? Is that the proper way to do it there saying it inst?
I think I will be waiting for a call off blueflame if it isnt!
If TC is right and it is under £400 I would be better spending an extra £100 ish for the blueflame? I think I will as powerflow seem to do some bad work according to reviews, but then again excellent in other!  :confused:
 :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:19:26 pm by ollie288 »

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:49 pm »
throw together a miltek mate, they are the best on the market IMO

get the R32 zuast for the GTI and a downsizer for the smaller pipe and your sorted.

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2010, 08:32:21 pm »

get the R32 zuast for the GTI and a downsizer for the smaller pipe and your sorted.

Milltek said they couldn't help? Is it that simple? Do you know where to get the downsizer from?
What size tips were on your mk5?
Cheers
Ollie :happy2:

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

Milltek said they couldn't help? Is it that simple? Do you know where to get the downsizer from?
Cheers

no idea on the size of the ends mate, i ahvent seen a better looking system than the miltek tho

downsizer would just have to be made up to suit the size of your current system. I know a guy who has converted loads of diesels and sml engined petrols to r32 look a likes so its defo doable.

Either buy a cheap std R32 back box and have a go at fitting it, or get the gti r32 system and make it fit cant see it being difficult

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:06 pm »

Cheers

You should be able to get a reducer from powerflow off the shelf :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »

Cheers

no idea on the size of the ends mate, i ahvent seen a better looking system than the miltek tho

downsizer would just have to be made up to suit the size of your current system. I know a guy who has converted loads of diesels and sml engined petrols to r32 look a likes so its defo doable.

Either buy a cheap std R32 back box and have a go at fitting it, or get the gti r32 system and make it fit cant see it being difficult

Will these cause problems will the back-pressure and things?

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2010, 09:08:57 pm »

Cheers

You should be able to get a reducer from powerflow off the shelf :happy2:

Cheers mate  :happy2:

Offline x5pea

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2010, 10:47:15 pm »

Cheers

Will these cause problems will the back-pressure and things?

i wouldnt imagine so, your increasing the flow of the exhausts gasses rather than reducing them, as i said i know a few guys who have done it and they never had any issues. Newer engines are complicated things, but the only sensor is further back up the system so it should be unaffected. Worth sticking it on vag come ones its done tho  :happy2:

Go for it mate

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:25 pm »

unless you go backwards into a lamppost  :wink:

True, and ive just read that apparently its illegal to drive a car without crash bars on public roads

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:15 pm »
^ I was thinking that. I would think they are an integral part of the cars design. Surely they add to the cars strength, safety etc?

Well I have just received an email from miltek. I would have to buy the cat-back system and then I may be able to use a adaptor. I dont really want a cat-back on the car as I think it would be a waste of money on a 1.6?

Blueflame are looking the best option if they offer only a backbox.

Offline Pablos007

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2010, 03:42:46 pm »
I have emailed Blueflame, Milltek, Powerflow and ill email exhausts uk also. Is there any others anyone can think of?
You might want to give Pipewerx a try, it's run by Ian Birch and Jeff Webb and they make custom exhausts as well as standard systems.  Back in the day they were Dubsport and until recently Jeff was the main tech at Awesome, plus Ian used to do product design for Blueflame!!  Website - http://www.pipewerx.com/

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2010, 03:48:15 pm »
I have emailed Blueflame, Milltek, Powerflow and ill email exhausts uk also. Is there any others anyone can think of?
You might want to give Pipewerx a try, it's run by Ian Birch and Jeff Webb and they make custom exhausts as well as standard systems.  Back in the day they were Dubsport and until recently Jeff was the main tech at Awesome, plus Ian used to do product design for Blueflame!!  Website - http://www.pipewerx.com/

Cheers Pablos007 Ill see what they say!  :happy2: