Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 Exhaust  (Read 29398 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: R32 Exhaust
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:45:04 am »
The osir carbon diffuser is very expensive, get ready to wince when you see the price.  :laugh:

As for the Blue flame Ollie you only need the cat back which i think is under 400. You can keep the narrow diameter pipe and just get the larger tips to fill out the diffuser properly.  

And if you do go for the osir piece get the mat carbon one then i can swap with you.  :laugh:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
nice timing on this thread.as i,m saving hard for a similar thing.i,m prob going blueflame but i keep thinking there must be a cheaper option for me. i know you get what you pay for and i have no doubt that its bluey i want.....would it be cheaper/more sense to get a custom one made-where would i start to look for a local compay that offers that service?
and blueflame does offer lifetime guarantee,thats a def plus for me!!
i cant justify the carbon from osir at this present moment-i know TC got his from guy in germany but i think it was similar money.
or i,m gonna get one from a stealer-about 85 notes and get it wrapped untill i can afford the real deal.
the ebay ones from china are about 130 plus 30 ish for delivery.
anyone else got an input???
joe-are they crap in quality or is it just the type of exhaust that people buy from them and what they do with them?
matsu

Powerflow also offer a lifetime guarantee I believe.
How much is the osir one? EDIT - Just read TC's reply so its not going to be a bargain!  :grin: I did have a look on ebay but couldn't see any. Id be unsure of the quality as well! Cheers  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:36:27 pm by ollie288 »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 12:11:24 pm »

Yep with the R32 cut out. Ill have a look at the TTshop. Is that the one you have except with dual cutouts RR?  :happy2:

....Yep  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 12:19:12 pm »
OK, here it comes............ POWERFLOW ARE CR@P (imo)

Had 2 in the past and my brother is currently running one, they are what all the chavs get on the 106's and the like, they are have a certain low down boom drone, they look sh*te after about 6 months as they are stain-less steel (whatever that means)

How much are you wanting to spend and where are you based? would bluflame not do a custom back box for your car as thats where id be spending my hard earned, then youl get tails like TC's and they can tune the sound to your liking.

Have to agree with Joe mate..

All examples of Powerflow work I have seen have been fitted to chav mobiles as its a cheap and quick solution to getting a 'sports' exhaust..

They use extremely low grade thin stainless  which keeps costs down, mig welding and generally there just a bit nasty..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Sie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:47 pm »
All depends on which branch you go to, and what Chav cars have you lads owned to know what they look like, workmanship can vary just like all professions. Think it should be down to personal experience, i have had 3 systems fitted to my car including some custom v6 downpipes, had no probs with them, Systems can me Mig'd and Tig'd just depends on how much you want to pay.

I work part time at Telford Powerflow, give us a call for a price or pop down and see us, can do just a back box or a cat-back, all tailored to your needs and what sounds you want.

Unit 28
Ketley Business park
Waterloo Road
Telford
Shropshire
TF1 5JD

01952 245559

Im on hol at mo, but as for Kez.

Sie
Fettled Laser Blue '05 GTi 5dr

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 12:37:55 pm »
^^^^
Sounds a bit like luck of the draw as to what you get from Powerflow. I've never even heard of them.

Milltek, Blueflame, and APR, are the most reliable exhaust products for the 2.0T FSI platform (and others) in my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »
The osir carbon diffuser is very expensive, get ready to wince when you see the price.  :laugh:

As for the Blue flame Ollie you only need the cat back which i think is under 400. You can keep the narrow diameter pipe and just get the larger tips to fill out the diffuser properly.  

And if you do go for the osir piece get the mat carbon one then i can swap with you.  :laugh:

I haven't found a price yet! The TT shop dont seem to have a website!

I have just emailed blue flame so ill see what they say. What size tips are yours? Slightly bigger than stock?

Haha ill let you know about that! :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 01:02:38 pm »

Yep with the R32 cut out. Ill have a look at the TTshop. Is that the one you have except with dual cutouts RR?  :happy2:

....Yep  :happy2:

Very Nice RR, I like the black tips! :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 01:07:05 pm »
well i'm one of the crazy few who have ponied up the dough for the OSIR valance, and yes they are stupid money:

theres a miltek tucked in there too to fill the holes a little better and to give me the sound i was after.

however, for the money the fit of the OSIR one is rubbish and takes alot to get it to sit into the recess correctly without it popping out. dont see it as a holy grail of a valance as some R32 owners do...as it will only disappoint. if it were cheaper then maybe but personally i would wrap a standard valance or get a pro to actually bond real carbon to the outer face.

as for the zorst, as said if this is a sound thing then i would go for a rear section only rather than a full system and get the tails to the diameter you fancy, the sound can be beefed with a good cold air induction setup to combine it with

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 01:09:19 pm »
OK, here it comes............ POWERFLOW ARE CR@P (imo)

Had 2 in the past and my brother is currently running one, they are what all the chavs get on the 106's and the like, they are have a certain low down boom drone, they look sh*te after about 6 months as they are stain-less steel (whatever that means)

How much are you wanting to spend and where are you based? would bluflame not do a custom back box for your car as thats where id be spending my hard earned, then youl get tails like TC's and they can tune the sound to your liking.

Have to agree with Joe mate..

All examples of Powerflow work I have seen have been fitted to chav mobiles as its a cheap and quick solution to getting a 'sports' exhaust..

They use extremely low grade thin stainless  which keeps costs down, mig welding and generally there just a bit nasty..

Oh I see. The only reason I was looking around is because I needed a custom one. I take it then a lot of companies make them from scratch? I wasn't looking at Blueflame, milltek etc because I'm not really after any performance. (You cant polish a turd is a fitting statement) The 1.6 is not going to ever be a performance car so I was going for looks and sound. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Ill have to see what Blueflame say. As these seem a popular choice! :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 01:13:14 pm »
All depends on which branch you go to, and what Chav cars have you lads owned to know what they look like, workmanship can vary just like all professions. Think it should be down to personal experience, i have had 3 systems fitted to my car including some custom v6 downpipes, had no probs with them, Systems can me Mig'd and Tig'd just depends on how much you want to pay.

I work part time at Telford Powerflow, give us a call for a price or pop down and see us, can do just a back box or a cat-back, all tailored to your needs and what sounds you want.

Unit 28
Ketley Business park
Waterloo Road
Telford
Shropshire
TF1 5JD

01952 245559

Im on hol at mo, but as for Kez.

Sie

PMed  :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 01:16:11 pm »
well i'm one of the crazy few who have ponied up the dough for the OSIR valance, and yes they are stupid money:

theres a miltek tucked in there too to fill the holes a little better and to give me the sound i was after.

however, for the money the fit of the OSIR one is rubbish and takes alot to get it to sit into the recess correctly without it popping out. dont see it as a holy grail of a valance as some R32 owners do...as it will only disappoint. if it were cheaper then maybe but personally i would wrap a standard valance or get a pro to actually bond real carbon to the outer face.

as for the zorst, as said if this is a sound thing then i would go for a rear section only rather than a full system and get the tails to the diameter you fancy, the sound can be beefed with a good cold air induction setup to combine it with

Stupid money doesn't sound good! :laugh: What region are we talking a couple of hundred?  :scared:
Nor the fact that they are a rubbish fit!  :rolleye: But they do look good!  :drool:
Yep I think I will just be going for a backbox with tails! Been looking at a few of those too!  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 01:21:22 pm »
budget for around £400 for an OSIR one at the moment  :chicken:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 01:22:54 pm »
400 QUID!!!!!  :scared:
I think I will be getting it wrapped if I go carbon fibre!!!!  :rolleye:
Do you know an estimate price on getting it wrapped? Would it look the same?
 :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 01:31:25 pm »
it would look pretty close to the real thing yeah and considerably cheaper to use a wrapped plastic valance

have a chat with phil mcavity he's done it: