Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel refurb @ Lepsons.. help with colour choice please?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89458.0.html
Wheel refurb @ Lepsons.. help with colour choice please?
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »
Evening guys, I'm looking for a bit of help with colour choices, might be sending my wheels off to Lepsons next week for refurb while I have the winter steelies on, just need to decide on the colour.

Wheels have been painted by someone before and it's not a great job by any means, also I'm not sure on how close colour is to the factory silver colour.

Looking for suggestions on colour choices from Lepsons standard colours... was tempted to go with light anthracite but think it might be too dark? Or which one of the silvers?

Lepsons Standard Paint Finishes – Silver

We offer a selection of silver paint finishes which essentially give you a range of effects to choose from starting with a simple flat silver through to a more glittering sparkle effect. Your options are:

Flat silver
    Straight silver
    AWI silver
    Bright sparkle silver

Lepsons Standard Paint Finishes – Anthracite

Anthracites are alternatively described as ‘gun metal’ finishes. These range from a light gun metal through to a dark gun metal finish. Your options are:

Light anthracite
    Carr’s anthracite (Medium anthracite)
    Dark anthracite

http://www.lepsons.com/standard-colours/

Offline basman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Wheel refurb @ Lepsons.. help with colour choice please?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:49 pm »
i love grey wheels but on a grey car can some times look harsh ! y not do grey or black inserts and diamond cut the spokes

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:07:47 pm »
Shadow chrome is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline basman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:12:06 pm »
Shadow chrome is nice

:congrats: :congrats: :happy2: shadow crome thats my new grey!! but they will charge you a lot more in lepsons for that check prices with them before!!

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89458.0.html
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 12:39:30 am »
Cheers just looking at standard finishes to keep costs down

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »
Light anthracite gets my vote

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 04:33:44 pm »
Whereabouts are you based?

I've had a couple of sets of wheels done at lepsons, and they're good, but pricey...

If you can get there, I'd thoroughly recommend alloy wheel doctor in Horley.  :happy2:

The owner, Nigel, is absolutely obsessed with wheels and does a fantastic job every single time. He has full facilities to acid dip, weld, diamond cut, powder coat etc etc. I just spoke to him a couple of days ago and he's very excited to be getting a new diamond cutting machine in the next few weeks. He was telling me how amazing it is, and that it'll be only one of 2 in the South...the other one is going to lepsons.

http://www.alloywheeldoctor.com/

To give you some ideas, here are a couple of different wheels I had done in Audi L8AU (titanium). The RS4's were done at lepsons, and the golf wheels at alloy wheel doctor:

The RS4's have also previously been in lepsons shadow chrome (heavy on the silver). The paint started lifting though...the paint is a bit delicate.

Alloy wheel doctor can also do this finish (having fixed a damaged wheel - thanks wifey). It's a hard finish to recreate; hyper silver (shot over black). I had a bodyshop try and they failed. I paid £75/wheel as he had to paint black, then heat up the wheel and shoot the silver while the metal is hot, so quite a long process. However, he thinks he can do it without the painting black stage now he has come across a new lexus paint.

Here are a set of split rim speedlines Nigel did for me in a custom dark grey powdercoat, with a satin lacquer. He split, stripped, acid dipped, primed, powder coated, lacquered, polished bolts, mounted tyres for £100/corner. Lepsons wanted more than 50% more.

I've got hold of another set of RS4 wheels cheap, which he will be doing for me in a light anthracite, as per this ferrari wheel on his website:

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |