Make a donation

Author Topic: Hey..... mk5 gti pirelli owner as of friday :)  (Read 2759 times)

Offline pirelliscott

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Hey..... mk5 gti pirelli owner as of friday :)
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:24:41 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick hello as I'm new to the forum. :smiley:
I have been into vw's for a while now starting with a W Reg Polo and moving onto a MK6 Polo GTI DSG, But i am now going to be collecting a 58 Golf Pirelli as of Friday and i can not wait, took it for a test drive had a good look around and knew that it was what i wanted.
Any ideas on what i could do to it or any articles/posts I could get linked to look at would be much appreciated.
also is there any way to find out what number my pirelli is and how to get a plate for it...... not too sure if i noticed one as i was like a kid at a sweet factory.

Thanks

Scott

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
Re: Hey..... mk5 gti pirelli owner as of friday :)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:11:42 pm »
welcome mate the Pirelli is a great car!
other than the wheels (personal opinion)
dsg? low mileage?

and what are you looking to do? looks or performance?

performance just have a good read through r techs website and you will have a good idea of common problems and hardware restrictions ect. stage 1 remap see's you to about 300bhp straight away

looks I wouldn't do much at all maybe a Pirelli badge for the front grill if you can find one! and get the wheels cleaned and in the garage and replace them with some bbs ch or ch-r (that's what I would do!)

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:22 pm »
and get some pics up of the Pirelli!
if your on facebook join tfsi tuning and the edition 30 owners group !

Offline pirelliscott

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:34:08 am »
hey Mitch thanks for the reply and for the time being while i get use to the car going to keep it standard. its not DSG unfortunately but i like the manual :) and around 40k on clock.

Going to look at RNS 510 install and also getting it stage 1 remapped later on and also looking at some different wheels as to replace the pirellis with the exact alloy looking at around £500 - £600 per alloy!!

just joined both them groups on Facebook this morning

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 11:12:07 am »
Welcome to the forum,The mods I would do is slightly lower it,stage 1 map and put the h/u in as you mention.The alloys i would keep on as it defies the car as a pirelli edition

Offline pirelliscott

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »
yeah thinking about it I'm going to keep the original alloys on, will just have to be careful  :rolleye:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »
Welcome to the forum,The mods I would do is slightly lower it,stage 1 map and put the h/u in as you mention.The alloys i would keep on as it defies the car as a pirelli edition

This is a fair point! I've seen a Pirelli on Facebook lowered like 30mm and think it has wheel spacers. Front lipstick yellow and yellow calipers with some 4/6 pot brembos on front and that looks epic

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 07:16:26 pm »
yeah thinking about it I'm going to keep the original alloys on, will just have to be careful  :rolleye:

Have a look through the 'mods' section at the top of the forum page. Soon have some ideas on what to spend your pocket money on then ;)

Offline pirelliscott

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »
Picked it up today and well what can i say its absolutely amazing :) managed to get in touch with the previous owner before the garage i got it from and found out its already had stuff done to it which i was going to do.
Stage 1 remap to 330bhp
AP Coilers
Miltek exhaust with a custom downpipe from pipeworx

So all in all a very good day today to be a proud owner of a Pirelli edition and also those things already done :)

Also looking at getting a Pirelli plaque made from eBay to get put in the car as i went into VW and they said they don't do them anymore or for the edition 30 either. Does anyone know how i can find out what number it is out of the 222 (i think) that were made?

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 09:24:14 pm »
Picked it up today and well what can i say its absolutely amazing :) managed to get in touch with the previous owner before the garage i got it from and found out its already had stuff done to it which i was going to do.
Stage 1 remap to 330bhp
AP Coilers
Miltek exhaust with a custom downpipe from pipeworx

So all in all a very good day today to be a proud owner of a Pirelli edition and also those things already done :)

Also looking at getting a Pirelli plaque made from eBay to get put in the car as i went into VW and they said they don't do them anymore or for the edition 30 either. Does anyone know how i can find out what number it is out of the 222 (i think) that were made?

Sounds like you've got your self a nice motor, get some pics up  :happy2:

With regards to the number plaque from what I have read i am lead to believe that the Pirelli wasn't numbered even though there is only 222 of them  :stupid: