Make a donation

Author Topic: New Door Seals  (Read 1711 times)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
New Door Seals
« on: January 05, 2010, 02:29:59 pm »
Hi Guys

Happy New Year!  :pomppomp:

Was just wondering if anyone has had to replace their door seals? My passenger door one has come unstuck and is causing moisture to get into the car causing the windows to steam up a lot more than they should... I've heard they have to take the entire door off and it's around 2 hours labour...? I have no warranty so would have to pay for this myself...

Thanks

:jumpmove:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: New Door Seals
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »
I had 2 sets on mine, came unstuck on the underneath of the passenger side door - they wanted to replace both but I told them not to bother with the drivers as it was fine - if it aint broke dont fix it.

After that it did come loose once more - I stuck it back on myself and it was fine.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
What did you use to stick it? Would have to be pretty damn strong I imagine!   :grin:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »
Glue of the super variety  :wink:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:57:11 pm »
Are we talking about the outer door seal?  I replaced the one on my fiancee's polo (different car - exactly the same principle) in about half an hour, took quite a while to get the old glue off the door properly.  Part cost about £30.  I havent' looked at the golf seal in detail but I cant see why you would have to take the door off.  Take a good look at how the seal is routed around the perimiter of the door and then try it yourself.  If it doesn't go well is only £30-40.  The seals have a self adhesive stip on the back - you just stick it on where the old seal used to sit.  Remember the holes go at the bottom - this will make sense when you see the strip....
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 07:24:22 pm »
I'm referring to the seal which runs on the inside of the door - which seals the wind/rain out - not the one attached the the cars shell so to speak.

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 11:30:59 pm »
you could try some "UniBond No More Nails On A Roll Ultra Strong Bond Instant Grab Tape Interior/Exterior " might restick it?

i used it to stick my parrot screen - sticks like s*** to a blanket!!