Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi from Portsmouth  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Ash J

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hi from Portsmouth
« on: January 30, 2016, 02:28:23 pm »
Hi all,

Just thought I would start with a quick hello. Bought a Mk5 GTI last week, after selling my very well sorted Clio 182. Have had a few VW's in the past, namely a couple of Mk2 GTI's, but am glad to be back in a Golf GTI again!

I will get some pictures up of the car later, but I'm based in Fareham (Portsmouth) so if you see me around then give us a flash/wave! Not sure what colour mine is, it's a dark shade of blue and can't say I have seen many this colour, so I will have to find the paint code later to see what it is officially called.

Ash

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
Re: Hi from Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:53:14 pm »
Welcome along good choice being back in a golf it won't disappoint, sure the clio was great fun tho  :driver:

Offline Ash J

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:21 pm »
A few pictures of the old girl as promised. Apologies for very rubbish quality, these are from the sale ad as I haven't got round to cleaning it yet and getting a few photos of my own!

Spec is:
2004 '54'
5 Door
Blue Graphite
Manual
140,000 miles
Full Service History

Found the paint code tonight, and discovered it is called Blue Graphite Pearl. Had a lot of comments on the colour, don't see too many around of this colour to be honest.

The Clio 182 I had before this was great fun indeed yes. I spent a lot of money on it mind. Bought it completely standard, and turned it into full Trophy spec (the limited edition 182) including the ludicrously expensive motorsport dampers, and also carried out a lot of modifications over and above Trophy spec, keeping it OEM+. In terms of driving enjoyment, best car I have owned by a mile. Wanted for absolutely nothing when I let it go, and was a very hard decision. Couple of pictures below for anybody interested. Miss it dearly.

And a couple of my Mk2 GTI 16v, last VW I owned before the current Mk5 GTI!

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:36:14 pm »
Loving all 3 of them motors, especially the mk2  :happy2: . Your right about the clio's being great fun to drive, I've never owned one but driven them a few times and they just like go karts, proper old school hot hatch.

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:45:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum  :drinking:

The oak green one is my favorite  :smiley: very nice

Offline IanR32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:55:49 pm »
Loving the Mk2 always wanted a clean one. The clios are great little cars always fancied a 172 cup.

Mr.J

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:04 pm »
Nice , I have just got a 3 door in same graphic blue
Love that old green mk2