Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie gti owner  (Read 5940 times)

Offline ashvag0

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • candy white gti
Re: Newbie gti owner
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 09:29:11 am »
Hi and welcome im also a newbie on here! Nice head unit you got what make model is it? Cheers

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »
Yeah it is slightly hazed, will find a better condition one when I get round to it! Rubbed abit of t-cut on and that cleared it up abit! @r5gtt. Where did you get your   Lights from? I'm not sure on xenons with the coding and that?? Or is it a straight swap? New too all this  :jumpmove:  hmm we'll see what happens @Chris92! Like the little devils in the ear  :laugh:

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 12:49:20 pm »
@ashvag0 it's a iXA-W407BT pretty good for hands free too. Just not sure how to get the satnav up and running??

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »

Welcome to the crazy forum full of fun fun and cursing  :signLOL: only kidding  :rolleye:

Very nice car but headlights need ditching  :sick:

:happy2:

What's wrong with them?
Nothing as far as standard GTI headlights go.. Not sure why they need ditching at all
Standard headlights are fine mate.

I like them too  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 02:52:35 pm »
Yeah it is slightly hazed, will find a better condition one when I get round to it! Rubbed abit of t-cut on and that cleared it up abit! @r5gtt. Where did you get your   Lights from? I'm not sure on xenons with the coding and that?? Or is it a straight swap? New too all this  :jumpmove:  hmm we'll see what happens @Chris92! Like the little devils in the ear  :laugh:
@ConorGTI mine are aftermarket depo ones I purchased off a forum member  ad I didn't like the look of them. sold both oem ones after fitting my xenons one on ebay £45 & the other to a forum member so got £80 back for them  :happy2:
Xenons can be coded in simple just find someone local to you with vcds or buy your own one and instructions can be found all over the Web. I didn't do mine and never had a problem although when I went to program them months later, they were already set to xenon shutters off.

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 03:29:08 pm »
That's not bad at all, they do make the car look better! Not an immediate thing to change for me right now though. Vcds could be a good investment though?

Offline ashvag0

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • candy white gti
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »
@ConorGTI  lol its a nice looking bit of kit mate a new head unit is definatley on my mod list lol

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 05:59:41 pm »
That's not bad at all, they do make the car look better! Not an immediate thing to change for me right now though. Vcds could be a good investment though?
Vcds is a must for all vag owners  :happy2:

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »
Yeah I didn't like it at first @ashvag0  but it's really grown on me, love it! Also found a remote for it the centre consol  :laugh: why you'd need a remote I don't know???

I have no clue about these @r5gtt where would I get one from and how much are they? Where do they plug into?  :confused: I'm novice with this stuff

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 06:27:16 pm »
@ConorGTI it's easy mate, online instructions and help from forum members makes its well worth having.
I've had one for 5 years plus with my Audi tt and now got the updated one for the tfsi as the older version didn't work.

There's a genuine one for sale in the forsale section but I paid £45 for mine from Australia a company called Totalcardiagnostics and it's well worth the price but sorry it's a clone version. This forum dont like clones.

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »
I'll have to have a good look into mate, seems like everyone on here wants to help haha! Hopefully pick one up soon :happy2: they pretty idiot proof?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 06:42:25 pm »
I'll have to have a good look into mate, seems like everyone on here wants to help haha! Hopefully pick one up soon :happy2: they pretty idiot proof?
They are  :stupid: proof if you don't abuse it and mess with things you're not meant to be messing with  :signLOL:If you don't know you ask yeah. :rolleye:

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 06:53:02 pm »
Yeah I'm not that stupid :rolleye: haha cheers for the info mate much appreciated @r5gtt

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2016, 07:05:03 pm »
@ConorGTI hope you don't think I'm sayimg that  :signLOL:

No worries at all mate  :happy2:

Offline ConorGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2016, 07:22:30 pm »
Not at all @r5gtt  :happy2: well I Had a garage telling my that my car doesn't have a cambelt and that its on a chain and shouldn't ever need changing? What's that about? :signLOL: