Make a donation

Author Topic: MOT DRL requirement  (Read 3550 times)

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
MOT DRL requirement
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:17:05 pm »
Hi all I've recently replaced my MK6 Halogens with OEM R xenons, this means I now no longer have any day time running lights which used to be part of the halogens. Is this road legal? will there be any issues when it goes in for MOT? Cheers

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: MOT DRL requirement
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »
If you don't have a headlight washer system in place and auto levelling sensors or self levelling suspension then it is an issue depending on who you know in the motor trade  :wink:

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »
If you don't have a headlight washer system in place and auto levelling sensors or self levelling suspension then it is an issue depending on who you know in the motor trade  :wink:

Thanks but I'm aware of this. It's just the day time running lights which I'm unsure of!

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:10:22 pm »

Thanks but I'm aware of this. It's just the day time running lights which I'm unsure of!
Not an issue at all then  :rolleye: :driver:

Offline Nasir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:25:33 pm »

Program the xenons to have a DRL in VCDS. Prettyy sure the little amber sidelight in the middle comes on.

But as mentioned, without auto levelling headlights and headlight washers, these are an MOT failure. Depends how clued on the tester is.
Shadow Blue 2007 GTI DSG (Standard)

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:13:22 am »

Program the xenons to have a DRL in VCDS. Prettyy sure the little amber sidelight in the middle comes on.

But as mentioned, without auto levelling headlights and headlight washers, these are an MOT failure. Depends how clued on the tester is.

What a shout. Completely forgot you could activate the City light thing in the R xenon housing, think it requires quite a lot of wiring/coding, but thanks!

And as for the Auto levelling/Headlight washers - I do believe that if they're not fitted then they can not be tasted, therefore can not be a failure. But no worries as I will have both by the time it goes in for an MOT!