Make a donation

Author Topic: Insurance Claim...... Help needed please!  (Read 3532 times)

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Insurance Claim...... Help needed please!
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:04:42 am »
Hi all!

Not a great topic for my first post, but someone hit the front of my car in the snow on tuesday and goosed the front bumper..... Its not too bad really but since my car is covered by the conpany's policy, I'm going to claim for a new one.......

I guess i'm just after a bit of advice really, I live near Preston and I'm not sure where to have the work done.... I'm a bit precious about my car and I want a proper job doing, I also wouldn't mind getting an ed30 front bumper (is it the same but with the lower valance painted? or does it have a smooth lower valance?) should I go to the stealers to have it done or does anyone know of a decent bodyshop locally?

So can anyone give me any advice? It would be much appreciated

Fenny  :wink:

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
Re: Insurance Claim...... Help needed please!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:58 pm »
Insurance companies normally want you to use their recommended bodyshops, but you don't have to.

FOR SALE!

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 12:49:01 pm »
insurance companies will want you to use their recommended repair centers

you can insist on where it goes but read your small print very very carefully on you insurance documents as some companies wont pay out if you do this

most importantly, if the bodyshop isnt VW approved - regardless of wether its the approved insurance garage - you can void your warranty

fact.  :smiley:

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:18 pm »
Thank you!

We have a good relationship with our insurance company, probably because we give them so much money every year, and also, being a construction company, we tend to break lots of stuff and hve to talk to them lots!! They have told me that I don't have to go to one of their approved repair centres, but I can choose where to take it as long as I sort out the logistics myself............ With regards to the warranty, I guess I'd better consider a dealership then?

Thanks again I really appreciate your help people!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:18:31 pm by fenny »

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 01:35:03 pm »
you dont necessarily need to go to your dealership, you just need to find a VW approved bodyshop (your local dealership will tell you this information). That way your guaranteed genuine parts and retain your warranty  :happy2:

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 01:38:19 pm »
Great, thanks for your help, much appreciated! I'll give them a call.........  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 01:46:45 pm »
Great, thanks for your help, much appreciated! I'll give them a call.........  :happy2:

i know it might be a few miles drive, but Gaskell Motor Bodies are in Gt. Harwood near Blackburn. They are very very good and are VW approved (along with BMW, Merc, and the rest of the VAG group)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 02:04:21 pm »
HB Panelcraft in Preston are VW approved, some muppet chucked a chunk of concrete at the Mrs's Mini and I must admit they did a flawless repair quickly with a courtesy car.

Didn't mess about trying to repair anything or scrimp and scrape just got on with it very much on the customers side and also with a bit of prompting painted the bonnet with aq good colour match.

That was my only experience with them so cant tell you more

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 02:10:39 pm »
Great Stuff, much appreciated! HBpanelcraft might be the way forward, might be able to get them to get me an ed30 bumper with a bit of luck...... Does anyone know what the difference is by the way? is it just a smooth valance?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 02:12:10 pm »
Great Stuff, much appreciated! HBpanelcraft might be the way forward, might be able to get them to get me an ed30 bumper with a bit of luck...... Does anyone know what the difference is by the way? is it just a smooth valance?

The upper bumper part is the same but the lower valance is unique to the ED30. Maybe one of the guys with ETKA could give you some part numbers?

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:20:46 pm »
That would be very helpful if so........ Is anyone to help with this?

I'm very impressed with the response people, many thanks again!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:29:49 pm »
HB Panelcraft in Preston are VW approved, some muppet chucked a chunk of concrete at the Mrs's Mini and I must admit they did a flawless repair quickly with a courtesy car.

Didn't mess about trying to repair anything or scrimp and scrape just got on with it very much on the customers side and also with a bit of prompting painted the bonnet with aq good colour match.

That was my only experience with them so cant tell you more

just got my car back from these after some1 reversed into it. i would recommend them with no hesitation.

Offline fenny

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 02:38:31 pm »
Sounds good...... I'll pop in and see these guys and see what they say...... Thanks again!

Nick S

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 03:07:13 pm »
Car Cosmetics in Trafford Park did a good job on one of my old cars, they are also VAG Approved.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 03:19:24 pm »
The edition 30 bottom bumper part is very expensive compared to the normal Gti one iirc, i hope your insurance are very friendly LOL