Make a donation

Author Topic: THEFT - WARNING  (Read 7627 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: THEFT - WARNING
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:24:54 pm »
Sorry to hear it mate, it seems that 90% of the cars that have been stolen in the last 2 years that have been posted on this forum have been from the north west  :sad1:

I have a 7 stone rottweiler living in my courtyard (outside dog) and a shotgun in my room. Its very easy to get a shotgun certificate in the UK  :popcornsoda:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline davoaj

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 12:31:08 pm »
It was a 56 plate GTI, steel grey and absolutely immaculate. Plan was to keep it forever as a second car in the end.

They certainly stole one clean car, I'd sepnt a whole day just before the freeze waxing it and sealing the wheels tp protect those monza II's from the ice!

I'm sure I'll still be around here given my love of GTI's but I certainly won't be getting another one.

As for the shot gun licence, I'd love to but if you shoot the f**kers they'll just come back with a bigger gun.

Australie here I come, get away from this dump of a country.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 12:33:25 pm »
This kind of thing makes me very angry.

I'm glad you and the missus are ok.

Offline bennylenny88

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • needs moar lowwww
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 12:39:05 pm »
unlucky mate.. its true that most of the cars get nicked from the NW im getting quite worried bout daddys car atm  :scared:

so long as you and your family are alright

2 x cerwin vega 15" subs and MTX 1000D amp with box and complete wiring for sale.. PM for details

Offline holty

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »
sh*t mate, sorry to here this.

Same happened to me in June (in Bolton).  They have since caught the buggers and they are getting sentanced in Feb (no sign of the cars though).

At the end of the day a car is just metal and rubber - as long as you and your girlfriend are ok is all that matters. 

Hope they catch them and your life isnt disrupted too much mate. :smiley:

Offline Aldo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:15:02 pm »
Really sorry to hear about this, absolutely shocking. Hope you can soon both put this experience behind you. It's a sad day when we have to live in worry of such things happening. Makes me want to buy 2 big rottweilers

:sad1:
'07 Ed30, 3dr, Manual, Black,  Xenons, Rear Tints, Centre Armrest - Standard.

Offline Thestig1973

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 03:09:32 pm »
Thanks for the warning, Now that is scary, and as other have mentioned its not worth playing the hero cause if this kind of people want your car, they will do whatever it takes to get it.

I bet Most of us are constantly worried about scum steeling our motor, robbing alloys, keying them etc....and now it seems we are risking our familys safety by having shiney metal on the driveway

Can someone remind me why we bother working hard to buy nice things please

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »
aw man thats horrible, hope you and your mrs get past this  :love:

i understand not wanting the car back, i'm guessing you didnt have a tracker system?

even if not to recover your car but to lead the police towards capturing the offenders storage areas

gutting though mate, its getting very common at the moment

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 03:38:52 pm »
They were as bad when then took my mate's R36 last year - no fear whatsoever. That went to Moss side where it got stripped looking for the tracker (CCTV on a carpark) and was chased a few times around Eccles.. needless to say they lost it very quickly.

99% of cars taken from Manchester end up in either Oldham or West Yorks which is where all your bargain ebay finds are from - the sooner people stop craving VAG bits, the sooner it ends. They pay scumbag low level kids a few hundred notes and this is the result.

Merseyside takers have them for jobs, armed blags and the like. You'll not see this back I would imagine, unless it's found cooling down somewhere on fake plates before they plan to use it.

I hope the catch them, the Police in Merseyside did a fantastic job of catching them on both occasions another friends VXR got taken from Maghull. Kirkby scum.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and hope it doesn't last too long in terms of the after affects. Chin up.
Sideways yo!

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
Sickening just sickening. Glad that both of you were unharmed though. As has been asid before, it is only metal and rubber, but it's easy to say when it's not your car !

I'm really surprised that they could even drive it away with the weather around here lately. Thought  you would have been able to walk faster than a car can be driven at the mom ?

Really does make you feel like getting an old banger and saying what the f**k, but then why should you ?. We all work bloody hard for the things we have these days (especially during a major recession), all for sum scumbags neandethals who probably even failed the interview for burger king, coming along and stealing it  :angry015:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:19:47 pm by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline DPG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 05:25:29 pm »
Very sad news indeed, glad you did the wise thing though.

tony_danza,

Funny you should say that as when my grandads car got nicked the copper said most of the cars nicked from West Yorkshire end up in Manchester or Liverpool.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:52:31 pm by DPG »

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:25 pm »
Sorry to hear about this mate glad you are both fine.

I had exactly the same a couple of years back when they tried to take my type-R they failed but i sold it straight away in case they came back.

Its the mental side thats the hardest living in fear in your own house. I didnt sleep of ages after it happened sad when people make you feel like that...

Still a year later a brought the GTI so you do feel better eventually... Try and keep your chin up!!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »
sorry to hear mate, same thing happened to me few years ago, took my cupra r, we were all in bed at the time, police told me i should have taken keys up but my kids were also in bed so glad i left them in kitchen to be honest. hope it gets sorted :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »
Sorry to hear this mate, the problem in this country is theres nothing to stop these idiots doing this or make them think twice as they have more rights than you in your own house FACT, blame that on the do gooders and human rights plonkers at the top that dont live in the real world :stupid:.

what you should be able to do is :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: with no questions asked then they'd think twice about just taking your car becuse someones orded it.

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 06:57:52 pm »
Its very easy to get a shotgun certificate in the UK  :popcornsoda:

Also very easy to have it taken away Joe if the wrong people see you have posted this!not having a go mate just be careful what you say!!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone