Make a donation

Author Topic: Help needed from any one in or near Beccles  (Read 1891 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Help needed from any one in or near Beccles
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »
The other night after racing at Ellough Park I hit a pothole. It felt big and I slowed down after but the car felt fine with no vibrations so I carried on.

The next morning I discovered this.

Massive bulge in my Super Sport tyre and a flat spot on the wheel that has also cracked the paint.

£140 for a tyre plus £100 for a wheel refurb IF they can even straighten it!

It was on the A143 towards Bury st Edmunds, and I cent remember exactly where it was but it I vaguely remember that it wasn't that long after I'd left Beccles.

I'm not expecting anyone to go out of their way to find it for me but if you are travelling that road this weekend... first of all.. LOOK OUT as you don't want to damage your wheel as well.. but second of all...

...if you can spare 5 mins can you keep an eye open for a big ish pothole on the drivers side and if its safe to do so, pull over and grab a couple of photos of it. If you can put something in it as well to gauge size apparently that helps with the claim. Also if you can note exactly where it is.

I'd really appreciate it and if you send me photos and your details I'll happily send you a thank you gift of some kind.

The kicker is.. I did the other side wheel 2 days later and done exactly the same to that tyre as well!!  :fighting: :fighting:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Help needed from any one in or near Beccles
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:03:22 pm »
They say if the depth of the hole isn't deeper than 50 mm you will not get paided out - so a ruler would help the case, cause I've been down that claims route in our area and by the time they wrote back the hole was repaired.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:11:13 pm by doylebros »

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »
They say if the depth of the hole isn't deeper than 50 mm you will not get paided out - so a ruler would help the case, cause I've been down that claims route in our area and by the time they wrote back the hole was repaired.

Bit ridiculous expecting people to have a roller with them all the time in case they hit a pothole! I don't really care how deep it is... if its damaged my car.. they are paying one way or another even if i have to take them to court. I've been reading a lot about it and it seems lots do get paid out even if they don't have much evidence etc.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »

Bit ridiculous expecting people to have a roller with them all the time in case they hit a pothole! I don't really care how deep it is... if its damaged my car.. they are paying one way or another even if i have to take them to court. I've been reading a lot about it and it seems lots do get paid out even if they don't have much evidence etc.
Well I never got no compensation because they needed a photo to show the depth of the pot hole - I never went the legal route cause the hassle seemed pointless since the repair had been undertaken but if you've got the passion go and poke them where it hurts  :congrats: and let us know your progress and final out come.

Offline Berry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:28:28 pm »
Cheers for the heads up-am in Beccles this weekend!
Shadow Blue MK5 GTI