Make a donation

Author Topic: New Glasgow member  (Read 1118 times)

Hesnut

New Glasgow member
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:02:56 pm »
Hi all,

New to this forum as of last week. I've come on here to find out if I can benefit from the advice of seasoned members. Things are starting to go wrong with my Mk5 Gti. It's a 57 plate 3 door with 59k on the clock. At first it was the ABS pump module which has just had the fix kit fitted. Now the EVAP can needs replaced (not a big deal), rear calipers and front and rear discs and pads, and, in the not-to-distant-future, intake manifold flap. If a garage did it all it would be £2k easy. I intend to hire a garage and tackle the brakes/calipers myself but I'll need professional help for the manifold. Can anyone recommend an online parts supplier that doesn't punt crap?

Cheers,

Hesnut

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: New Glasgow member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:00:39 pm »
Are you planning on replacing broken flaps or flap motor, or doing a runner flap delete?

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 08:36:09 pm »
Give autotec port Glasgow a call. Top class garage, what a setup they have and they know what they are doing with a tfsi.

Cheers, Stevie.

Hesnut

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:39:51 pm »
Thanks for your advice. Replacing broken flaps I believe, Beej. Cheers, S3dubbin - will bear them in mind.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »
welcome mate.

I 2nd autotec. been a few times. my mate works in there.

Another boy who was doing all the work on my car has an ed30 and knows his stuff in there.

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 02:09:24 pm »
If your in Glasgow I know a guy in VW Parts will give you a discount on genuine parts, depends if that's what your looking for or not.