Make a donation

Author Topic: why wont my gti sell?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline mrggg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 2
why wont my gti sell?
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:00:59 pm »
Had it up on this forum for quite a while and on autotrader for nearly 2 weeks and not had one phone call. Put it up on gumtree and had a few texts with low offers. Any critical feedback would be appreciated as Im doing a lot of motorway miles and its costing a lot! Plus dont want to keep adding miles to the old girl.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603041643682

Thanks.

Offline loop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 3
Re: why wont my gti sell?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »
Looks like a nice car but the price jumped out straight away - maybe a bit too high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘05 GT, Retrofits: RNS 510 DAB+, R32 Highline Cluster, R32 MFSW, Mk6 Reversing Camera, 7P6 Bluetooth, TPMS, Cruise Control, VW MDI, Chrome switches, Blaupunkt THA 475 amp.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ceucncr9a7ceob38iudfkqghdh&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:18:41 pm »
Usually no enquires is a sure indication that  the buyers are viewing it as too dear. Best to put it up for sub 6950 rather than 7250 as your car will be eliminated in any search of 7k and below.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:24:25 pm »
^^^^ this

Offline mrggg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »
nice one lads, really going to miss her.

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:23 pm »
I paid £7250 for my 57 plate GTI about 3 years ago now with about 70K miles, so again the original price was on the high side but hopefully a little cash off with get people's attention.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:54 pm »
Sold mine 2 weeks ago. Make sure you have a car ready before you sell it. Seriously I've been getting rides from friends since and I'm not about to go back to public transport lol. At one point I even thought of going back to a gti or edition 30 cos I couldn't find something to replace it. Truly great car if it was awd would of definitely kept her. Now on the market for a tts :) too bad I can't afford to pay up for a golf r otherwise I would have preferred that. What are you thinking to get next?

Offline mrggg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 11:28:23 pm »
Sold mine 2 weeks ago. Make sure you have a car ready before you sell it. Seriously I've been getting rides from friends since and I'm not about to go back to public transport lol. At one point I even thought of going back to a gti or edition 30 cos I couldn't find something to replace it. Truly great car if it was awd would of definitely kept her. Now on the market for a tts :) too bad I can't afford to pay up for a golf r otherwise I would have preferred that. What are you thinking to get next?

Basically, I do want to go view cars but because no ones come to see mine I didnt want to waste my time. Hopefully I can find something this week if I get mine sold. I am also going to miss her very much, candy white really puts her apart from others out there.

Next up is going to be something boring, something like a corolla d4d or maybe the 1.6 auto. Might get a golf gt but dont fancy the dsg as I heard there can be problems. Really I need an auto for my mum, any suggestions will be valuable.

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

Basically, I do want to go view cars but because no ones come to see mine I didnt want to waste my time. Hopefully I can find something this week if I get mine sold. I am also going to miss her very much, candy white really puts her apart from others out there.

Next up is going to be something boring, something like a corolla d4d or maybe the 1.6 auto. Might get a golf gt but dont fancy the dsg as I heard there can be problems. Really I need an auto for my mum, any suggestions will be valuable.

my gti was a dsg and not a single hiccup. I will never go back to manual.

As for selling I recommend putting the price for £500 above what you will accept for it. No one pays the full price even if the car is perfect they want to feel like they've got a bargain so they will negotiate. Mine took three weeks to sell I didn't have much people calling just three and only one turned up and took her from me :(

Offline mrggg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:24 pm »
As for selling I recommend putting the price for £500 above what you will accept for it. No one pays the full price even if the car is perfect they want to feel like they've got a bargain so they will negotiate. Mine took three weeks to sell I didn't have much people calling just three and only one turned up and took her from me :(
[/quote]

I tried putting it up  for more but still no one called. I cant take less than around 7k for it, I have put it up for £6999, Il see how it goes..

What website did you sell it on if you dont mind me asking?

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 01:53:45 am »

I tried putting it up  for more but still no one called. I cant take less than around 7k for it, I have put it up for £6999, Il see how it goes..

What website did you sell it on if you dont mind me asking?
[/quote]

I sold it on autotrader but also had it up on gumtree since its free. Your car will sell but it takes time. I put mine on for sale a few months back for a week and didn't receive a single call so I decided to keep it. then I put it up again one month ago and its gone. It takes time though. If you're impatient like me reduce the price and let it go :) if not just stick with your price you should eventually find a buyer.

Offline Dan_77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 06:54:23 am »
The price is the thing that catches peoples eyes before they click on and  read the add, there is similar cars on there a grand cheaper and if they show on the same page as yours 99% will click on the cheaper one first eg
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603071716072?price-from=5000&sort=default&zero-to-60=fast&page=2&postcode=M18%208SU&price-to=6500&make=volkswagen&model=golf&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&radius=40&logcode=p

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 07:46:39 am »
A grand cheaper with 20k less miles too - kinda explains the lack of calls.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 01:45:46 pm »
A grand cheaper with 20k less miles too - kinda explains the lack of calls.
Exactly what he said! If you wanna shift it, check the competition, and price accordingly.

Offline The666

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 02:00:13 pm »
The price is the thing that catches peoples eyes before they click on and  read the add, there is similar cars on there a grand cheaper and if they show on the same page as yours 99% will click on the cheaper one first eg
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603071716072?price-from=5000&sort=default&zero-to-60=fast&page=2&postcode=M18%208SU&price-to=6500&make=volkswagen&model=golf&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&radius=40&logcode=p

@Dan_77  When posting autotrader links you should always cut out the part after advert/123456 otherwise you're sharing your postcode within the link