Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2+ K03 best mods/ expected figures  (Read 33419 times)

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Stage 2+ K03 best mods/ expected figures
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2016, 07:35:32 pm »
No for sure. The sh*t I have to come up with when parts turn up haha! Niki was most unimpressed the my actuator had been tweaked, said there's no need for it, I didn't even know it had! Sounds like we're in the same boat, if I was you, I'd start with the IC then possibly get someone to inspect the turbo with a boreascope!
R-Tech Map/ Longlife TBE w/200 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Loba HPFP / Forge Twin FMIC / Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / Neuspeed Power Pulley / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Super-Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2016, 07:54:18 pm »
Has yours been adjusted before? What did he say regarding it? Replace the turbo if it's getting weak or actuator?

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »
My turbo has a crack in the housing and was coated with oil. So it's a straight replacement. Actuators rarely go from what I've been told. You could see if it's sticking, but I doubt it.
R-Tech Map/ Longlife TBE w/200 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Loba HPFP / Forge Twin FMIC / Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / Neuspeed Power Pulley / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Super-Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2016, 08:12:52 pm »
It's definitely not sticking, but from what I hear, the actuators on the ko3's do get weak over time and rather than replacing, I have been advised that if adding a couple of turns of pre-load cures it, then I really should replace the actuator, but I could run the car with it for a while

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:09 pm »
Well I think you probably know more than me. Worth shot isn't it! I know my turbo is 100k old, it's got a crack in it, Niki said it was covered in oil, so it stands to reason it's not very efficient. So IC and turbo are my first ports of call to remedy my shortfall in power!

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »
Your still produced a fair amount more than mine, bhp wise that is. Did you say yours has been run mapped for 70k? Is that possibly the reason behind your turbo splitting? Mine has been standard with a very documented history for 70k before any modifications....

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2016, 08:51:37 pm »
Yeah it could very well be. It's been running fuel heavy for 70k too, so most likely been washing itself with fuel, it's burned sh*t loads of oil so I'm guessing that's a good shout.

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2016, 08:57:09 pm »
I think I'll adjust mine up a tad and change the cooler over and get it back on the rollers and see how's she does then, before I go down the line of another file