Make a donation

Author Topic: Race Chip Pro 2  (Read 4215 times)

Offline loudancoe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Race Chip Pro 2
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:13:56 pm »
So i've been looking into getting a stage 1 remap for my GTI, and i've come across this from a company called Race Chip

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/volkswagen/golf/5-1k/gti-2-0-tsi-147kw/index.php

They claim to have some decent gains of power and torque and they have plenty of comparison videos.

Its also half the price of what ive been quoted for a stage one Revo in my area.

Theres lots of talk on bmw and audi forums about them and people saying they can really tell a difference so im just wondering if anyone here has used/heard anything about them!

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Race Chip Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:22:40 pm »
So i've been looking into getting a stage 1 remap for my GTI, and i've come across this from a company called Race Chip

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/volkswagen/golf/5-1k/gti-2-0-tsi-147kw/index.php

They claim to have some decent gains of power and torque and they have plenty of comparison videos.

Its also half the price of what ive been quoted for a stage one Revo in my area.

Theres lots of talk on bmw and audi forums about them and people saying they can really tell a difference so im just wondering if anyone here has used/heard anything about them!

Might be wrong but just seems like a generic bolt on as opposed to a proper custom map by say Revo etc

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 07:29:42 pm »
Yeah doesn't look like a custom map like you get at REVO or RTECH.

Offline loudancoe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:00:38 pm »
Hmm yeah theres a 30 day moneyback guarantee so unless someone tells me they have tried it and its useless i might give it a try, like i say for the price and what they are claiming it seems like a viable option

Offline Dan_77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 08:05:49 pm »
I know in an ideal world we would get custom tuned on a rolling road and set up but I can see why the places that charge a couple of hundred quid compared to 500 get there custom, Theres a few places near me offering VW Golf 5 2.0 TFSI GTI 200 200 hp up to 242 hp /280 NM  up to 352 NM , they pretty much all claim the same figures so I guess they use the same maps etc ?
Are they bad to use compared to a place that would say put that map on and then fine tune it for each individual car

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 08:24:28 pm »
Revo aren't custom. You can alter boost, fuel and timing with the SPS thing once the map is loaded. But the original map itself is generic.

Can't beat a proper dyno map.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:35:47 am »
Revo aren't custom. You can alter boost, fuel and timing with the SPS thing once the map is loaded. But the original map itself is generic.

Can't beat a proper dyno map.

+1

If getting to the likes of R-tech or JKM isn't easy/possible and convenience is required, perhaps look into a bluefin. The map gets uploaded to a handset you buy, and you can do the whole thing at home. It's obviously not as good as a custom map, but at least it's tried and tested vs some completely unknown company.

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 02:13:50 pm »
ITs well worth going somewhere who wont just load a map on and send you on your way. You would be better of taking the long drive to make sure your car is safe in the first place. Companies like Rtech run deep checks on your car before they even look at remapping.

Imagine if you go to a place who say they will give you a remap and then 20miles later you have engine problems......

maybe I'm just over cautious